• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

great story

how many books would you say are n your collection in total?

Hi Swapto,

I'd say around 23,000 give or take. Not many compared to some but they are nearly all pre 1980.

Wow, that's pretty impressive! (worship)

I've never set a goal to collect all DCs although I'd like to! But I just can't imagine ever being able to afford all the GA books, or even the early SA issues. Still, I've got over 10,000 different DC books! That is heavily dominated by books from the mid-70s to about 2000.

Notably I do have what may be a complete set of DC Whitmans, nearly all in high grade. Also, I probably own more DC Whitmans than everyone else posting in this thread all combined! :sumo::baiting:lol

Notably I do have what may be a complete set of DC Whitmans, nearly all in high grade. Also, I probably own more DC Whitmans than everyone else posting in this thread all combined!

I have all mine in one place now, so if you send me a list, I'll go through and see if I have any you don't know about. I never tried to get them all but I do have most of them.

Notably I do have what may be a complete set of DC Whitmans, nearly all in high grade. Also, I probably own more DC Whitmans than everyone else posting in this thread all combined!

I have all mine in one place now, so if you send me a list, I'll go through and see if I have any you don't know about. I never tried to get them all but I do have most of them.

Ian - there's a great checklist of all Whitmans over at the StlComics board. I'd look there first.

Ian, I was surprised you never tried to get them all. Is it because of the printer?

great story

how many books would you say are n your collection in total?

Hi Swapto,

I'd say around 23,000 give or take. Not many compared to some but they are nearly all pre 1980.

We need some pics in a new thread :grin: Especially of those Mile Highs :wishluck:

I have seen a copy or two of "How You ..." on e-bay in the past couple of years. I

suspect it was fairly widely distributed during the war so I would not be surprised

if extra copies showed up. The fact that it is not normally found among comics and

that you and I may be the only ones who count is as a DC

It IS a DC.

It was printed and manufactured by All American Comics.

DC themselves recognise it as a DC so any doubt you may harbour is nonsense, frankly.

Ah, great to see that you haven't lost that warm bedside manner. :/

Island fever? (shrug)

Ah, great to see that you haven't lost that warm bedside manner.

And I never will.

Yo, yo, dewchebag for life! For shizzle.

Ian_Levine. Ian_Levine. Ian_Levine.

Damn, it worked in Beetle Juice.

Now begins the inevitable meltdown of this thread yet again.

For those of you who can't seem to stand Ian: just stay the :censored: out of this thread! There are clearly some members of these boards who enjoy Ian's posts, so why must you always do your best to ruin it for these members?

For Ian: just because someone makes a post doesn't mean you always have to reply.

Yo, yo, dewchebag for life! For shizzle.

What language is this posted in, please ??

I thought you'd understand it, it's in Douchebag (shrug)

(BTW, that was pretty damn funny Dan, lol)

So was "Stuish"! :roflmao:

Ian:

I have no doubts about the "How You ..." book and I have a copy in my collection.

(Thanks for pointing it out to me.)

My comment referred to my suspicion that most collectors are not familiar

with the item and would be unlikely to consider it a comic or a DC.

Edited by jerome34

Hi Ian,

The only DC Whitmans I don't have are those marked "Unverified" on the STL website that FD pointed out in his reply. That's the only reason I hedge my statement by saying that it "may be" a complete set because some issues may exist that are just very elusive. I have a complete set of all of the verified issues, I can say that much.

If you have any of the issues that are listed as Unverified (eg Action 506) that would be a truly wonderful discovery! I've been shopping for these books for maybe 5 years and I've never spotted any of them.

I have seen a copy or two of "How You ..." on e-bay in the past couple of years. I

suspect it was fairly widely distributed during the war so I would not be surprised

if extra copies showed up. The fact that it is not normally found among comics and

that you and I may be the only ones who count is as a DC

It IS a DC.

It was printed and manufactured by All American Comics.

DC themselves recognise it as a DC so any doubt you may harbour is nonsense, frankly.

Ah, great to see that you haven't lost that warm bedside manner. :/

lol

The man can pizz further than you :slapfight:. Contest over. Get over it. :baiting:

My comment referred to my suspicion that most collectors are not familiar

with the item and would be unlikely to consider it a comic or a DC.

But just because most collectors are not familiar with it doesn't stop it being printed by All American Comics.

Most collectors don't realise that Atomic Comics, Federal Men Comics, Warrior Comics, Bingo Comics, and Cavalier Comics are also DCs, printed by Major Malcolm Wheeler Nicholson after he had a major row with Donenfield, comprised entirely of DC reprints, mainly from Detective Comics or Adventure Comics.