• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collector Intervention
3 3

140 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, dupont2005 said:

It’s also possible the entire thing was faked. I know other reality shows do it. The pawn one and the one with the guys who drive around rooting through peoples stuff are two that I think have been confirmed fake, the comic book shop one too maybe? Oh and Storage Wars too

Fake indeed.

Otherwise I have several hundred longs of "dollar books" and I am willing to trade them for several copies of Hulk 181 in supposedly 9.0 condition.

Doing the math: Video dude got a Hulk 181 for 2000 comics. So I have approximately 60,000 comics to offer that means fool comic store owner can acquire my "treasures" for 30 9.0 copies of Hulk 181.

Call me.

Edited by Artboy99

23 minutes ago, the blob said:
11 hours ago, kav said:

30,000 moderns at $4 a pop he's sunk $120,000 into worthless drek-man just think of the SA and GA books he could have instead-

Why do you think he paid anywhere near cover?

Not just cover, but current cover for each book from the entire 25 years prior to the 2012 video.:screwy::screwy::screwy:

45 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Not just cover, but current cover for each book from the entire 25 years prior to the 2012 video.:screwy::screwy::screwy:

Dang ya got me!!!  Go have a cookie.

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

Cookie.jpg

When little Timmy finds Waldo, he should get a cookie!

On 2/28/2019 at 6:24 PM, Krydel4 said:

I come with the comics, sweetheart.😁

I didn't find much of interest at Frank and Sons' auction. There was a dealer or two with older stuff but mostly all I found was modern drek heavy on variant nonsense. 

And like someone posted earlie a good rule of thumb is if it's on TeeVee, it's fake. 

Edited by NoMan

Just now, Lazyboy said:

Well, me having a cookie is definitely much more likely than you not posting ludicrous nonsense.

You're on FIRE today!!  lol 

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Well my numbers were off but even 20K would buy some real good SA and GA books!!

I could only endure about 65 seconds of the program so I don't know if the guy was happy or not, but one could argue that if he enjoyed collecting the way he did, than who's to say the hows and how much he spent.

But I hear you.  

1 minute ago, kav said:

You're on FIRE today!!  lol 

There's a simple solution if you don't like it. Nobody can point out that you're posting ludicrous nonsense if you aren't posting ludicrous nonsense.

Just now, Lazyboy said:

There's a simple solution if you don't like it. Nobody can point out that you're posting ludicrous nonsense if you aren't posting ludicrous nonsense.

Who said I dont like it?  Go have another cookie for that one! lol 

Ps wut about the ludicrous nonsense you posted in the Kirby sig thread?  Does ludicrous mean something different in Canada?  lol

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/447382-kirby-verified-signature/

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

I'm already aware that "context" does not appear in The kav Dictionary, thanks.

You're killing me dude :roflmao:

Ok my post was taken out of 'context' too then lol 

Says CGC doesnt verify anything.

Is reminded that the whole point of SS is CGC VERIFYING sigs.

Still thinks he's 'right' cause....CONTEXT.

lol 

41 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Greg Reece went on Pawn Stars I believe. Would love to hear his experience in doing "reality" tv.

He was probably paid to be a consultant, and if not he got advertising of his store on television. ^^

Just now, Artboy99 said:

He was probably paid to be a consultant, and if not he got advertising of his store on television. ^^

:flipbait: