• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! JUNK SALE! Turning on the Fawcetts Part 3 Master, Nyoka Jungle Girl & Whiz
1 1

83 posts in this topic

OK, I decided to just end the clean out of the Fawcett collection all at once. I got Master, Nyoka the Jungle Girl and Whiz to wrap it up. I will get about half done today and finish up tomorrow. I think I will try something and post them from high numbers down to low numbers.

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $6.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go... 

Edited by Robot Man

Start off with something other than these 3 titles...

I have a nice lot of 6 Mighty Midget Comics from 1942. These are pretty pricey in high grade in the guide but I have decided to sell the whole lot cheap. I have the following:

Balbo The Boy Magician #12 (mid grade small chew in top left corner of back cover))

Commando Yank #12 (very high grade)

Golden Arrow #11 (very high grade except some crayon on back cover)

Lance O'Casey #12 (very high grade)

Mr. Scarlet & Pinky #12 (very high grade)

The Phantom Eagle #12 (mid grade)

WAS Whole lot of 6 for $100.

NOW $60.  that’s 10 bucks each!

mightymidgets1.jpg

mightymidgets2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Master #126 Feb 1952

First Black Panther???

Small surface paper tear in center of spine. (not split or detached). Small 1/2" upper spine split. Minor spine and top of book wear. No pieces missing, major tears or creases. Book and centerfold well attached to covers.Off white, interior paper.

$25.

master126a.jpg

master126b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Master #124 Oct 1951

Small chip in cover top right corner and bottom of spine. Some very minor wear in bottom right corner. Back cover has a few chips out of corners. Smooth tight spine. No other tears or creases. Book and centerfold bound tight to covers.

WAS $25.   NOW $20.

master124a.jpg

master124b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Master #122 June 1951

Spine is a little rolled and has numerous small tears and nicks. Bottom right side of cover has a tiny tip missing. Two neat 1" tears in top middle and right middle of covers. Light crease down middle. small piece out of one page at bottom cover that does not affect art. Book and centerfold bound to covers. Off white interior paper.

WAS $20.   NOW $15.

master122a.jpg

master122b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Master #119 Dec 1950

Great horror cover!  Fat 52 page issue.

Spine is rolled at top. Very tiny hole in cover just to the left of the bottom of Jr's cape. Book was cut funny in production. Last 10 pages and back cover are cut a little short. Probably a trimming issue at the print plant. Centerfold is tight but cover is just holding on to book. Nice interior pages.

$20.  No further discount. I like this one!

master119a.jpg

master119b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Master #103 May 1949

Fat 52 page issue with a horror theme cover!

Slight production spine roll at bottom left corner. Top of cover has a light dust shadow. Back cover has a few tiny edge tears. A few pages in center are splitting at top of book down to top staple. No pieces missing from covers, or major tears or creases.

$20.

master103a.jpg

master103b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Master #102 April 1949

Large piece torn off back cover (still present). Lots of wrinkles, small creases, edge and spine tears. Staple added. Lots of wear but still a solid reader.

WAS $15.  NOW $10. About the cost of two moderns!

master102a.jpg

master102b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Master #89 March 1948

Big fat copy!

1/4" left side spine roll. Spine is worn but cover and centerfold well attached to book. Several tiny right edge tears and upper right corner is rounded very slightly. A couple of front cover creases. Back cover a little dirty. No major tears. Off white interior paper. Solid copy.

WAS $25.  NOW $20.

master89a.jpg

master89b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Master #85 Nov 1947

Book has a couple of promo stamps from a shoe store giveaway. Bottom staple is popped. Top of spine is slightly abraded. Book and centerfold well attached to white interior pages.

WAS $30.  NOW  $25.

master85a.jpg

master85b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Master #78 April 1947

Great roller coaster cover!

Spine roll. Both staples are rusted into center and bottom one is popped. Musty smell to book. Tiny piece of other paper stuck to cover just above the left edge of roller coaster. Lots of wrinkles but no pieces missing, tears or creases. Small corner off bottom right corner of one page that just very slightly effects art. Off white pages.

$20. Great cover! Stays at $20.

master78a.jpg

master78b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Master #77 March 1947

Rolled spine. Spine split from top down to top staple. Tiny lower left corner spine tear. Tiny dust shadow at top. Small tear in back cover. No pieces missing or other major tears or creases. Book and centerfold still attached to covers. Slightly yellowed but supple interior paper with no damage.

WAS $25.  NOW  $20.

master77a.jpg

master77b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Master #76 Feb 1947

2" x 2" chunk off lower left corner. Book is darkened around perimeter but no brittle or fragile whatsoever. Book and centerfold are tight to covers. Interior paper is lightly tanned but very supple with no interior damage.

WAS $20.  NOW $15.

master76a.jpg

master76b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Master #42 Sept 1953

Mac Raboy WWI cover featuring Goering and Goebbles. Only appearance of these two on a GA comic?

Spine is rolled. Single staple is torn and rusty. Book neatly detached from single staple. Centerfold neatly detached but not torn or ragged. Book has a musty smell. Small tear at top of spine. A few tiny edge tears. Off white interior paper.

WAS $75.  NOW  $65.!!!

master42a.jpg

master42b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Here is a tough but tragic one...

Master #7 Oct 1940

First Bulletman in Master

Obviously coverless... Outer wrap ragged and detached. First page is all there. Back page is missing some corners and edges that affect art a bit. Bulletman side is decent and completely readable. Nice, supple interior paper. Anybody need a real nice centerfold?

WAS $75.  NOW  $60.

master7b.jpg

master7c.jpg

master7a.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

CLAIMED!

OK FREEBEE time...

Master #131 Dec 1952

Front cover faded and discolored. Nice back cover and a very solid reader otherwise.  

FREE to the first person who buys any TWO of these cheap readers and requests it!

77E26D93-4EF9-42D6-994C-02423E5BB020.jpeg

7CB296AF-2E53-475D-B662-5C3283C25BDC.jpeg

Edited by Robot Man