• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Let's make love: the ROMANCE thread! Matt Baker! Jim Steranko! Harry Lucey! Patsy Walker! RECAP page 5 - NOW 20 % OFF REMAINING BOOKS!

89 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Crimebuster said:

Yes, I will take interior photos of the books. It may take me a little bit to get them. I will pause adding new books until I have all the info here for you. 

you could always post, then circle back to PQ pix if they don't sell?   Just saying, Comic Connect is about to start and your audience is about to vanish

1 minute ago, Comcav said:

you could always post, then circle back to PQ pix if they don't sell?

CGC notes PQ on all their labels, I always appreciate it when raw sellers do also (especially for books that have been sitting in a barn forever).

Just now, sacentaur said:

CGC notes PQ on all their labels, I always appreciate it when raw sellers do also (especially for books that have been sitting in a barn forever).

oh I know pal, odds are the storage means the PQ isn't what you want.  But with just 4 books left, seems like he could always add that later...

Just now, Comcav said:

oh I know pal, odds are the storage means the PQ isn't what you want.  But with just 4 books left, seems like he could always add that later...

Well, different strokes for different folks - I could care less about ComicConnect, and I am here now interested in this sales thread. 

I guess it’s up to the seller’s preference, but since he indicated he’ll post an interior shot and will provide PQ, I will stick around. :hi:

Love Romances #68 - 5.5 - $49

This is flat and tight. Nice gloss and color. There's a small chip out of the top fc, and a small dollop of something on the back cover - it's on the arrow where it says "panel." There are some small ncb bends on the fc, and a small tear right edge fc. 

Page quality is... let's say cream? It's a bit darker at the bottom than the top. I will add photos as soon as I can.

SOLD!

Edited by Crimebuster

1 minute ago, Crimebuster said:

Love Romances #68 - 5.5 - $49

This is flat and tight. Nice gloss and color. There's a small chip out of the top fc, and a small dollop of something on the back cover - it's on the arrow where it says "panel." There are some small ncb bends on the fc, and a small tear right edge fc. 

Page quality is... let's say cream? It's a bit darker at the bottom than the top. I will add photos as soon as I can.

307719621_lr68.jpg.760ef9ba749428a4293d2dce4aee0eff.jpg

2102629868_lr68bc.jpg.fb40dc8792e006bcd7e1774c8b6a2835.jpg

take

Girl Confessions #30 - 5.5 - $65

The staples both look impacted, or sunk in a little, but both are firmly attached. One interior page has a small tear about an inch or less on the right edge. The upper right fc is not a chip, it's a fold over. 

PQ I'd say is Cream to Off-White. I didn't see any edge tanning. Pictures of interior shortly, if the book lasts long enough for me to even take them. 

Here's the interior - I took a picture of the page with the tear so you could see both the page quality, and the tear.

SOLD!

Edited by Crimebuster

7 minutes ago, Crimebuster said:

Girl Confessions #30 - 5.5 - $65

The staples both look impacted, or sunk in a little, but both are firmly attached. One interior page has a small tear about an inch or less on the right edge. The upper right fc is not a chip, it's a fold over. 

PQ I'd say is Cream to Off-White. I didn't see any edge tanning. Pictures of interior shortly, if the book lasts long enough for me to even take them. 

gc30.jpg.12152865a8523ce9a4bb291fef17ad14.jpg

12347834_gc30bc.jpg.21b43b5a411eb1acff3a69f1384437fa.jpg

Here's the interior - I took a picture of the page with the tear so you could see both the page quality, and the tear.

20190313_185457.thumb.jpg.388d006cd71678b871de551af7b69b44.jpg

:takeit:

Secret Story #13 - 5.0 - $45

Again, flat, tight, nice colors, nice gloss. This one has a bit more spine ticks and a couple cover wrinkles. It also has a smudge under the farmer's armpit, which I'd like to think is B.O., but I suspect was some kid eating candy and looking through this comic on the rack. There's also a little smudge between the first S and E in secret, and the back cover has the feel of dirty hands having been on it.

A nice book! With a cool cover!

Interior shot coming shortly. 

SOLD!

But here's the interior shot just in case:

ss13.thumb.jpg.fd8df5690ea3714eab624ded52d9e30d.jpg

Edited by Crimebuster

Just now, Crimebuster said:

Secret Story #13 - 5.0 - $45

Again, flat, tight, nice colors, nice gloss. This one has a bit more spine ticks and a couple cover wrinkles. It also has a smudge under the farmer's armpit, which I'd like to think is B.O., but I suspect was some kid eating candy and looking through this comic on the rack. There's also a little smudge between the first S and E in secret, and the back cover has the feel of dirty hands having been on it.

A nice book! With a cool cover!

Interior shot coming shortly. 

ss13.jpg.efd3e6c1ca87e173e2ba594bb06d4bae.jpg

2080051311_ss13bc.jpg.5defc66504838125fb492131258f4355.jpg

:takeit: