• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Netflix's THE WITCHER (12/20/19)
4 4

246 posts in this topic

I watched all 8 episodes already. Couldn't help but to push through and complete the journey. I liked it a lot. And I have never played the games or read the books.

Episode 4 throws you off for a moment, until you realize it takes you back in time (noting that to help people - not to spoil anything). Other than that. flows together quite nicely. I can see why Netflix renewed it so quickly.

I got The Witcher 3 free on PSN a couple of months ago. Pretty cool game, actually. Definitely going to give the show a watch now. Didn't realize the series was book based either.

I've watched the first three episodes so far.  I have never played a Witcher game, or read a Witcher book, I knew nothing about this show going into it.  Here are my thoughts.

The Witcher Storyline:  I like it so far, my only slight complaint is Cavill's voice seems forced to me, while not on par with Bale's Batman voice to me it is a bit distracting.

Yennifer (sp?):  Kind of a bore so far, I hope her storyline becomes a bit better.

The princess (no idea her name):  Dear god everytime she is on screen I want to fast forward, this storyline has been the absolute weakest to me and has not grabbed my attention at all.  I hope it either picks up or she dies soon.

24 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

The Witcher Storyline:  I like it so far, my only slight complaint is Cavill's voice seems forced to me, while not on par with Bale's Batman voice to me it is a bit distracting.

Supposedly the voice mirrors the famous game 

Here the voice actor for Geralt in the games.