• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman no. 22

13 posts in this topic

A PGX that I would like to regrade by CGC...Just curious on what the average guess of a grade this book will come back at 

Grading notes: multiple stress lines along spine, cover & edge wear, brittle, multiple chips.

1C4qG57.jpg

4Dib7yl.jpg

274NJ7P.jpg

f3sBqqN.jpg

NQ807if.jpg

oqVXVNW.jpg

qhDXDNS.jpg

sNQ2y9H.jpg

Well, I simply can't put much stock in PGX---I've seen too many examples of their less than adequate service here and elsewhere. The book could be incomplete for all we know (yes, they're really that incompetent). I've also seen and heard of the two companies differing on the final grade by quite a substantial margin. And "minor brittleness" could affect the final grade as well. My advice would be to send it to CGC and hope for a miracle...good luck.  :wishluck:

What you guys think about the pencil signature....What if I took the book out and gently tried to erase it? Think it would help with the books grade or at least the appeal?

I think signatures and written dates as well as date stamps DOES NOT affect the grade on these old books, especially if it is not horribly intrusiveness and this one is not.  

I would not risk damaging the book and it won't change the grade IMO.