• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

I'm game. They can't be any worse than what some people post on here.

I've seen "hit by a train" and "died of an overdose" on the subway.   The only one that ever bothered me was one I wrote about years ago on the boards when it happened.  I was headed out to meet some friends and I found a dead homeless guy on the sidewalk clutching a rosary.  I figured I couldn't leave him there and people were just stepping over him.  Like... seriously... they were stepping over him.  When I went to alert the officers on duty at MSG they waved me off so I had to go back and take a picture so I could show them what the situation was.

After that, then they went running...

You can't have a dead guy in the middle of the sidewalk in midtown.  It looks bad to the tourists. 

17 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Drunken millennial regretting his life choices. 

March 29th 2009 at 2:30am 

Penn Station - NYC (Long Island Railroad)

Guy was wailing and screaming and yelling. 

1929417_62177402962_1802166_n.jpg

In my defense I had just come from McSorley’s. 

15 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

decent shoes.

Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Lol @Bosco685... imagine the pics I don’t post.  

this is the only stuff I miss about working from home. 

I'm from New York. You can keep them (and it). :sumo:

But I do miss visiting the city from time to time.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I'm from New York. You can keep them (and it). :sumo:

But I do miss visiting the city from time to time.

"Alexa, how many days until June 30th, 2030?"

"Sunday, June 30th, 2030 is in 3,413 days."

3,413 is my departure date. 

1 hour ago, TupennyConan said:

Here's a fun scene at a pub around 11 PM on a weekday night, say Tuesday, in March of 2016, somewhere between St Ermin's Hotel & Westminster.   

20160330_225757.jpg

I acknowledge that I can’t keep up with Brits at the pub, but I tried really hard that one visit to the London Comic Con...lol

As WandaVision nears its ending, there's a possibility that the show's finale will ultimately be a disappointment for MCU theorists, but that's not essentially a bad thing. Marvel Studios' first project on Disney+ doesn't look like anything the franchise has seen before but at least in its first several episodes, its narrative was shrouded in mystery with Easter eggs and references being scattered throughout. Naturally, it spawned countless theories and speculations, some have come to fruition, while others have not.

Heavily inspired by classic sitcoms over the decades, WandaVision finally gave the attention to Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch and Paul Bettany's Vision that they deserved. Technically, both were fully introduced in Avengers: Age of Ultron, and soon after, they fell in love. Coming into their Disney+ series, there was a string of queries, especially with regard to the synthezoid's return following his death in Avengers: Infinity War. Instead of addressing these story questions, WandaVision took its time, building on its mystery every week. Now, it's only down to its final two episodes and everyone's looking forward to finally getting answers to its most pressing mysteries.

While Marvel Studios has been in no rush unraveling the real story of WandaVision, viewers have spent their time attempting to crack it prematurely, dissecting every single detail of each episode, not to mention cast interviews for possible clues. Leaks, both fake and real, further motivated them. MCU followers have always love to theorize, especially since the franchise is known for keeping secrets, but between WandaVision's unique storytelling coupled with its weekly release, this is further emphasized. The internet is littered with speculations and breakdowns, some floating really grand ideas. In the end, however, these might only be a set-up for a massive letdown.

WandaVision Is Full Of Red Herrings (On Purpose)

Given what's known about WandaVision thus far, its story can pan out in a number of different ways. Its connection to the multiverse and Scarlet Witch's reality-bending powers give Marvel Studios numerous options to move forward which is why it's more difficult to pinpoint what exactly is happening in the Maximoff Anomaly. To further complicate things and steer people away from predicting its narrative, they've also purposefully planted many red herrings throughout its run. Arguably the biggest one came when Peters arrived at Westview introducing himself as Wanda's brother, Pietro. For a while, there's an assumption that this was Fox's X-Men's version of the Marvel speedster, motivating theories that this is Marvel Studios' move to establish the multiverse and bring in the mutant to the MCU. But after WandaVision's villain plot twist, it's unclear whether or not that's the case. If anything, it's a stunt casting to give fans something to talk about.

The same can be said about the show purposefully hyping up Monica's aerospace engineer friend — from lingering the camera a tad bit longer as she texted her in WandaVision episode 5 "On This Very Special Day" to her repeated mentioning of her after that. Parris subsequent comments about the reveal made people more excited as it gave the impression that it's going to be someone big like Reed Richards. Ultimately, this hasn't panned out yet. Nonetheless, it was an effective way to keep WandaVision at the forefront of pop culture conversation.