• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately attempting a 'only Brie cried' debate is just as sad as accusing fellow board members of being misogynists because they don't like a movie or actor performance that you do.

You are overly-fanatical on the topic. To the point you can't help but pounce if someone did not care for Captain Marvel. That's not a healthy mental state.

I fixed my response. Thor's eyes do well up with the tears, of course if you blink you miss it.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

To loop back to the topic--many Krakoans call Scarlet Witch "The Pretender" because she told people she was a mutant when it was later revealed she was a mutate created by High Evolutionary during Ike Perlman's 2014 ret-con of Wanda and Pietro to no longer be mutants in his effort to starve all of the properties Fox owned the film rights to.  That's actually an un-ret-conning of the 1970s ret-con of them both being mutants and Magneto being their father, because Stan Lee's story had Wanda and Pietro being mutated by High Evolutionary after they were born.

I posted this a few weeks ago, but it's difficult to read everything when a thread gets this big and I think this is worth knowing about Wanda and Pietro.  Below is the page from Thor #134 in 1966 where Stan Lee revealed the origin of their powers.  They were later ret-conned in Avengers 184 from 1979 to be the mutant children of Magneto, but in 2014 Ike Perlmutter had them un-ret-conned back to be mutates of High Evolutionary.  There have been over a dozen easter eggs referring to High Evolutionary in Wandavision, and all signs for now point to him being Herb(ert Wyndham) in Westview.

Earlier in the series I thought they may do more with the mutant origin storyline ultimately leading to the emergence of the X-Men, but I later realized that we're still 3+ years away from the X-Men getting their own films, so it may a bit early to fully unveil mutants and then make fans wait that long to finally see them in full glory.  So for now these are probably just seeds they're planting that will bloom in films 1-2 years from now, likely with a TON of more hints in future MCU works.  My best educated guess for now (I went into far more detail in my older post) is Wyndham experimented on rapid-evolution techniques in Sokovia and unlocked Wanda and Pietro's genetic potential derived from work done at some point in history by the Celestials and/or Eternals that was still in their DNA but dormant for a yet-to-be-revealed reason.

RCO013.jpg

I think we should start a new thread for movie complaining...💩 

All the posts about Brie and Martha should be restricted to this thread. (:

I don't think Herb is the High Evolutionary. I think the hints are indications that the character will appear eventually, most likely in GotG 3, but not in this series. The MCU has done this before, hinting at characters well before they actually appear, and I think at this point that's all they're doing.

Speaking of crying, this shot of Wanda briefly pops up during Monica's debrief of the Hex in Ep 5 when she's describing the anguish of Wanda in her head.

IMG_0879.thumb.jpg.7b51ade5fdbc222d1d418b63ce70b375.jpg

This shot isn't from aired episodes yet, and that's a modern Wanda hair style. So is this before WandaVision or from Episodes 8 or 9? Perhaps heavy sorrow is in store for our heroes.

16 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I don't think Herb is the High Evolutionary. I think the hints are indications that the character will appear eventually, most likely in GotG 3, but not in this series. The MCU has done this before, hinting at characters well before they actually appear, and I think at this point that's all they're doing.

Liam Neeson would be a great High Evolutionary if he hasn't already been fancast(he may have) or considered by Marvel. But yeah, the Herb hints are most likely just Easter eggs for fans. The dark powers in control of WandaVision and WestView must be channeling Vision's, Wanda's, and Pietro's stories across the popcultureverse to confuse our heroes and us.

14 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Yadda, yadda, yadda...

emotion01.gif.9c905cf02414afe49f019f2c3956c226.gif

You go on and on about OTHER SITES/people that did these things and then attempt to attribute this to people here. Some people did not care for either Brie Larson's performance or --script design for Captain Marvel. You taking it as a sexist attack is your issue seeing the entire 'CAPTAIN MARVEL didn't work for me' population similarly.

That's not a healthy mindset if you can't distinguish the difference between someone that didn't care for a portrayal and someone that truly is a misogynist. You do realize there is a difference, right?

bbd51c49cd39a53b2f07c468bdb00a0406329891

I loved Monica when she led the Avengers in the comics. I told my wife about a great issue where a child is trapped in a hole or a mine shaft or something of that sort. Monica is able to find him fairly easily but that is all she can do, she cannot carry him to safety because her powers do not allow her to be corporeal while flying, she exists as pure energy or something. So she flies down to the kid and sits with him and talks to him to keep him calm until the other heroes (or people perhaps) can physically free him.

A good story. At least the way I remember it, maybe it didn't happen like that at all!

I think Agatha is the big bad for this show. We will get a post credits scene where she opens her closet to talk to Mephisto or something similar to the first Thanos scene but for all intents and purposes it is Agatha.

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

I think Agatha is the big bad for this show. We will get a post credits scene where she opens her closet to talk to Mephisto or something similar to the first Thanos scene but for all intents and purposes it is Agatha.

Except Paul Bettany teases working with an actor he's looked up to and wanted to work with his entire life in the series. Benedict Cumberbatch has been ruled out if Dr Strange shows up. It stands to reason that said actor will play the big bad, most likely Mephisto, and the scene will be significant enough to be more than a post credit scene if Vision is interacting with this mystery character. I think Agatha is the villain in the reality of Westview. But I think wherever Agatha's basement leads is where Tommy and Billy are and most likely our mystery character who will get a big scene at the end and interact with our heroes. I think a post credit scene might be where we'll see Dr Strange show up unless Marvel Studios opts for something more SWORD related.

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

But I think wherever Agatha's basement leads is where Tommy and Billy are and most likely our mystery character who will get a big scene at the end and interact with our heroes.

They may all interact with him or her, but the action in wandavision is all Agatha. Yes perhaps as a minion, but that revelation will be after the drama is settled I think, not to kick it up a notch. We'll maybe get a flash of something next episode when Monica, Wanda, and Agatha "fight", Vision is on his way as well but I do not think we will be getting a new adversary other than Agatha. It has been Agatha All Along! We are late in the game, this was the reveal.

I also was looking to that Bettany quote for clues but perhaps this actor means more to Bettany than to the action of the show.

I wonder if it's been postulated yet that Agent Woo's missing witness protection person might be this Nicholas Scratch character who knowledgeable comics fans are talking about? And what if the reason said character has gone ghost is because he's been turned into a rabbit, Senor Scratchy, in the transmutating world of Westview? However, Agatha Harkness looks too young to be the mother of someone in witness protection, that is, unless Agatha is also hiding her true visage? That Agatha's license plate says she's from Connecticut, and not from New Jersey, might be significant, too.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 hour ago, Bird said:

Vision is on his way as well but I do not think we will be getting a new adversary other than Agatha. It has been Agatha All Along! We are late in the game, this was the reveal.

While possible, if true it will be the biggest character flip from the comics that I can recall in the history of the MCU, something Feige has proven repeatedly he is loathe to do.  Agatha will have morphed from a protective matron into a Snidely Whiplash exaggerated villain.

Far more likely is what I suspected as soon as Agatha sent Wanda to the basement...oh, look, here comes another Wandavision mind control and/or illusion as a canard to distract Wanda from looking for the twins and hide the objectives of the real big bad which also happened with Pietro showing up just as Vision was urging Wanda to release her hold on Westview.  Her proclaiming at the end of the number "And I killed Sparky, too!"  was the moustache twirl sending it so far over the top I knew for sure it was BS.  I laughed out loud at that for two reasons--one, it was just so transparent, and two, Hahn's delivery was amazing.

Put more simply--never accept ANYTHING within the Wandavision broadcast as real.  If you're seeing sitcom tropes it's a fake part of the show.

Edited by fantastic_four

A consistent direction technique in WandaVision is that characters outside of WestView visibly facially react to dialogue from another character that triggers some inner tension. We first saw it with Monica Rambeau at the mention of Captain Marvel in Ep. 4. Director Heyward makes the same kind of visible reaction when Monica mentions allies in space to him while they're walking and talking in the same episode. I wonder what is so triggering to Heyward about "allies in space"? Right now I can only assume that Monica is referring to Skrulls (unless she's referring to the Guardians of the Galaxy which I doubt). If so, why is Heyward worried about Skrulls? Is Heyward himself an alien invader? What if these alien invaders are kind of the new HYDRA? What if they're a truly insidious alien invader like some MCU version of the Dire Wraiths?

Monica makes another visible reaction when Major Goodner tells her that her mother "isn't the only one we're loyal to."  Who is the "we" and who is the "one" Major Goodner is referring to and why does this "one" trigger a reaction in Monica? I'm thinking the "we" means the Major's group of agents on the hill and I think they are all Skrull allies. If that's the case, is the other "one" the Major refers to Nick Fury or Captain Marvel? Monica's visible reaction could mean she either knows who the Major is talking about or doesn't know. If it is Captain Marvel, is this a kind of jab at Monica and are the Skrulls aware of Monica's apparent grief with Auntie Carol?

These are the things that keep me up at night.