• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, davidpg said:

I don't think the High Evolutionary is keeping them hostage though...more likely made his way in to observe and utilize maybe.  Like what was he doing/trying to di in cutting through the wall?

Good thought.  I don't know what the wall-cutting scene was about.  I heard someone suggest it was a metaphor for him trying to break out of Westview, but I have no idea.

From the Wakanda Files book we know that Strucker and HYDRA were experimenting on people in Sokovia because they had reason to believe that had higher genetic potential than the average human.  The High Evolutionary could have been using Sokovia for genetic testing.  If he were experimenting with all Sokovians but only Wanda and Pietro survived, why would that be?  A possibility is that it's because they were mutants, and the experiments evolved their latent mutant ability into something far more powerful.  That leaves room for the unified comic versions of Wanda and Pietro--their mutation was present but not emergent, Magneto could still be the source of those mutant genes, and High Evolutionary unlocked their powers by continuing their evolution.

So that would explain why High Evolutionary wants to watch them--he could have been working with HYDRA, or simply aware of what Strucker's experiments created, and wants to be in Westview to study and experiment further on Wanda.

Edited by fantastic_four

8 minutes ago, Zonker said:

Herb was about to spill the beans to Vision before Agnes stopped him short.  Herb doesn't seem to be evil mastermind material, IMHO.

If he's more of scientist there to learn from and further experiment on Wanda it would explain his presence there, but yea, he's not the mastermind.  HYDRA could be the mastermind.  Or maybe Mephisto.  Or maybe even all of them working together.

16 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

An interesting thought from this article that says Agent Woo didn't get dusted in the Snap otherwise he wouldn't have had enough time to master the magic card trick.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/wandavision-easter-egg-card-trick-215914934.html

The only thing I'm sure of with Woo is the reason he was supposedly there makes at BEST half-sense.  Somebody manipulated him into going there and wanted SWORD to start monitoring Westview.

Edited by fantastic_four

9 minutes ago, Zonker said:

Color me skeptical on the Herb = HE theory.

Herb was about to spill the beans to Vision before Agnes stopped him short.  Herb doesn't seem to be evil mastermind material, IMHO.

I don't know if he is supposed to be so evil per se, more like pursuit of science has messed up his moral compass. And once in Wanda's world maybe he doesn't really have the ability to control himself/be himself. These powerful types are being forced into sitcom roles. I do find the Harkness connection interesting in that she is closely tied to Wanda in the comics and Franklin Richards, the two marvel mutants who can basically create their own alternate realities.

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

I don't know if he is supposed to be so evil per se, more like pursuit of science has messed up his moral compass.

You could argue the same about Mr. Sinister.  Both of them don't seem to give a hoot about experimenting on innocents and potentially sacrificing them in the name of advancing humanity's control of genetic evolution.

Edited by fantastic_four

For a show half the folks seem to hate, the rest of us are doing a whole lot of talking about it. I do think it is interesting if they're bringing in Squadrom Supreme as that is pretty obscure stuff. But so are the Eternals and so were Guardians of the Galaxy. And Shang Chi. And Ant Man. Blade was an obscure character and he spawned 3 movies and a crappy TV show, so you never know.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

You could argue the same about Mr. Sinister.  Both of them don't seem to give a hoot about experimenting on innocents and potentially sacrificing them in the name of advancing humanity's control of genetic evolution.

Sinister literally has "bad guy" in his name!

3 minutes ago, the blob said:
5 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Sinister literally has "bad guy" in his name!

His wife gave him that name just because he dug up their dead son to do genetic experimentation on him.  Is it really his fault that she lacked his vision?  (tsk)

utWIf1DuZ3uQlGGvtn5orv9gjSRykkn49t61n8ND

38 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

HYDRA could be the mastermind.

Why would the MCU have Strucker and HYDRA as the ones experimenting on Wanda, Pietro, and the rest of Sokovia?  That sounds like what AIM is for.  When Wanda freaked after seeing the beekeeper it could be because she remembers AIM beekeepers from her past in Sokovia.  If it's AIM, then it's within the realm of possibility we'll be seeing MODOK floating out at some point.

I find it likely that they may have inserted in Strucker as the head of AIM instead of MODOK.  A giant-headed guy would be hard for the average viewer to swallow as not being ludicrous.  :eek:

30 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Why would the MCU have Strucker and HYDRA as the ones experimenting on Wanda, Pietro, and the rest of Sokovia?  That sounds like what AIM is for.  When Wanda freaked after seeing the beekeeper it could be because she remembers AIM beekeepers from her past in Sokovia.  If it's AIM, then it's within the realm of possibility we'll be seeing MODOK floating out at some point.

I find it likely that they may have inserted in Strucker as the head of AIM instead of MODOK.  A giant-headed guy would be hard for the average viewer to swallow as not being ludicrous.  :eek:

I think the giant headed modok is being saved for the cartoon where there can be some comic relief

Wanda/Pietro were in Hydra's base being experimented on (or observed) in the movies, they were referenced in Agents of Shield (though unclear if hydra thought they were Inhumans or something else), I think they're not going to try and split hairs between Hydra and AIM (unless they did that in SHIELD? I am only in the middle of the third season.)

14 minutes ago, the blob said:

I think they're not going to try and split hairs between Hydra and AIM (unless they did that in SHIELD? I am only in the middle of the third season.)

That makes sense to me as the lines between them blur so much that I barely care about the difference.  Merging them into just HYDRA seems like a good simplification.  I didn't watch Agents of SHIELD so I dunno what they may have said there.

8 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

That makes sense to me as the lines between them blur so much that I barely care about the difference.  Merging them into just HYDRA seems like a good simplification.  I didn't watch Agents of SHIELD so I dunno what they may have said there.

I watched some of the first season, dropped out, but am now watching it when i can. 

On 2/3/2021 at 12:54 PM, Bird said:

I know we all expect a big bad villain to show up but it is getting late in the game to introduce a new character. At least they had some "devil" comments, so I can see Mephisto but they better start dropping more clues soon. That is why Ultron occurred to me (unlikely I agree) but at least he got a call-out, as did Quicksilver of sorts. So they could come out. That leads to Magneto, slim but sure, okay it kinda fits. But Charles, or someone else completely new to the scene? I don't see that.

Upon reflecting on some of my own earlier conspiracy theories, I think you are right.

I mean, if mutants exist and if that blurry bald headed photo in the background on the wall at SWORD was professor Xavier, it means they have been hiding. Which, okay, maybe they just says "hey mutants have always existed, the world just didnt know about em", which is fine but it does seem like a huge thing to throw our way all of a sudden. If anything, that photo is likely a sneaky little tidbit to get people talking more than it will actually link to future events. 

17 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Apparently an image of the devil (Mephisto) is hidden in the new WandaVision poster?

wandavision-default4-1254942.jpeg.ae9cb32559fa3114beec2ef674ed76b5.jpeg628870370_visionposter(2).jpg.cb1d5c33a63fcb9a5ee9a24b68fd459c.jpg

That is a poorly drawn Mephisto lol....

....although it is over Vision's left shoulder, which is where cartoon devils typically speak from...

...but why Vision's shoulder and not Wanda's? .....

...unless Vision somehow struck a deal with the devil to remain somewhat alive...!?!?!?!?

6 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Hmm, I think that's a reach. Yeah it kind of looks like a face, but humans are evolutionarily programmed to see faces in places where they aren't. Add in the comic book fan's constant search for clues and...yeah, I'm not buying it.

The image is supposed to be a bundle of flowers, like the other images in the wallpaper, and this is clearly not that. It's totally manipulated to look like a face by the poster artist.

12422850_visionposter(3).jpg.5c48119c99256d5a762ad6372c35e7e9.jpg

4 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

..but why Vision's shoulder and not Wanda's? .....

...unless Vision somehow struck a deal with the devil to remain somewhat alive...!?!?!?!?

In the comics, Mephisto was constantly trying to obtain the Silver Surfer's soul because of its purity. Maybe he's taken a liking to the soul of an android? Excuse me, a synthezoid.

4 hours ago, Zonker said:

Color me skeptical on the Herb = HE theory.

Agreed. I think that is a fan easter egg/red herring type deal. Definitely done to reference the HE but I will be stunned if Marvel has plans to bring that character into existence beyond just a cheerful shout out in this series. 

11 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

The image is supposed to be a bundle of flowers, like the other images in the wallpaper, and this is clearly not that. It's totally manipulated to look like a face by the poster artist.

12422850_visionposter(3).jpg.5c48119c99256d5a762ad6372c35e7e9.jpg

But is it a clue or just fun? You know they know we will find stuff and you know they can't have it all happen. Here is a short list...

-Quicksilver comes back

-Mephisto shows up

-Dr. Strange shows up

-High Evolutionary show up

- Agatha Harkness shows up

-Arcanna shows up

- Professor X shows up

-Magneto shows up

-AIM shows up

All of these things have been mentioned, surmised, guessed. At the end of the day, you know the creators put a bald mans picture in the background on purpose to get us talking. Same with this weird face. Same with numbers within the episode. It's a combination of hints and pure easter eggs and that is what makes the speculating so much fun. They want us to guess and hope and be guessing til the end. At the end of the day though, all of the above things (and the others out there) cannot all happen.

Edited by comicginger1789