• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It can't be any of these or any other character in WandaVision because Mephisto can't cross over to this universe. Agatha Harkness is doing his dirty work for him while he observes from elsewhere in the Multiverse.

Unless the space inside the field exists in a pocket universe. I like the idea that if one can breach the field, then this space can be entered from multiple places in the multiverse. That would allow Dottie to be Arcanna. Mephisto could be trying to manipulate things so he can cross to the main MCU universe, using various pawns throughout Phase 4 to try to accomplish that.

Now, we're about to jump down one of our biggest rabbit holes yet as we hope to uncover the true identity of Emma Caulfield Ford's Dottie using what appears to be an incredibly mundane detail.

Spoilers up ahead — proceed with caution if you've yet to catch yourself up with WandaVision!

Episode 7 had a little bit of everything — Monica (Teyonah Parris) makes her way back into WandaWorld and gets powers in the process, Agnes (Kathryn Hahn) is revealed to be Agatha Harkness, and Dottie (Caulfield) makes a brief return after being away for some time. In the split-second we see Dottie, she's working on pruning her flowers, a bush filled with yellow roses. In the distance behind her, you can see even more flowers in various shades of yellow.

We say it's these flowers that confirm Dottie is Arcanna Jones, a member of Marvel's Squadron Supreme that has become a sudden fan-favorite amongst comic readers and WandaVision viewers. A cursory search of Arcanna and the Squadron Supreme will show you that Arcanna has magical powers in the comics that manifest in various shades of yellow.

Now think back to WandaVision. On one side, we have Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) and on the other, there's Agatha — Wanda's powers are red in color while Agatha's are purple, as seen at the tail end of "Breaking the Fourth Wall."

Scrub back through the episode quick and look at the flowers planted outside each of the character's houses. Conveniently enough, we get exterior shots of both Wanda's and Agatha's abodes. As you might suspect, all flowers outside of Wanda's house are either red or pink, no matter the flower.

Then you fast forward to the post-credits scene where Monica goes to break into Agatha's home. Out front, there are two different types of flowers — and they're both the same shade of purple.

54 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Now I'm not saying I'm right, or that my post prompted them to post theirs because that would make me sound paranoid :screwy: but I still think Jennifer Kale could be a good option and it looks like the yellow could still be a hint if that was the entirety of the information they were basing their guess on which sounds pretty flimsy. Not to mention if she's working with Agatha the tome in her basement may be her Tome of Zhered Na seeing as how the book was emanating a yellow orange energy rather than Agathas purple energy image.thumb.png.026b7eab226aff823869519a39408c34.png

On 2/19/2021 at 12:15 PM, gadzukes said:

Ok.... I know everyone is dying to know what my cameo in WV is......   :banana:

When I watched the show thru I NEVER even saw myself hahaha :tonofbricks:

But I went back thru and found some screen shots.

Pics 1:  I'm wearing the Jughead hat and juggling behind the girl.  (When they set the shot up they put me all the way in the back so I knew I probably wouldn't even be in the shot)

Pic 2: That's my head getting out of the car right in the middle... with Visions arm in the foreground.  I believe Vision is about to blast me for being such a bad actor.

Pic 3:  Here's the money shot.  Look at that acting, the catharsis.... Oscar, here we come!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender-23.jpeg

FullSizeRender-33.jpeg

Come on, admit it you are Mephisto! :devil::roflmao:

Edited by Xenosmilus

Yes, we like the romance books now, some great covers by some of our favourites. But I don't think it quite hit their original target audience they were after.

I like Monica's casting, she is very good, wish we had her as Captain Marvel over Brie to begin with.

Edited by herc2000

NAME OF THE WEEK: RALPH

Ralph derives from both the Old Norse name Ráðúlfr and its Old English counterpart Rædwulf. 

The second part of the name (ON ulfr and OE wulf) means "wolf."

The first element — ON ráð and OE ræd — had several meanings**. Generally it is translated as "advice, counsel," but it could also mean decision, help, advantage, wisdom, profit, good fortune, remedy, power, might, household and even marriage

Ralph can therefore be interpreted in numerous ways, from "wolf-counsel" to "wolf-power;" "decisive as a wolf" or even "wolf of the household." What it meant to the Anglo-Saxons and Vikings (if it meant anything at all other than the merging of two common name elements), however, is impossible to discern. 

With the English meaning of 'wolf-counsel' and the Yo Gabba Gabba scene with four monstrous-looking creatures modeled after the kid show characters, could this hint to a version of the The Shadow Council's Masters of Evil? So they are the ones either partners with Agatha, or they are her controllers.

Just throwing this tangent observation out there...

A few weeks ago, after hearing all the hoopla about WandaVision and it being somewhat similar to the "House of M" story, I thought "OK, I'll head on over to Ebay and pick up a TPB to read & see what everyone's talking about." They were going for around $15-20, but I thought I could do better and just saved the search (& pretty much forgot about picking one up).

The stupid TPB's go for around $100 today - 2 months later! doh!

3 hours ago, herc2000 said:

I like Monica's casting, she is very good, wish we had her as Captain Marvel over Brie to begin with.

Yes, Teyonah Parris/Monica Rambeau is great in WandaVision and I look forward to her story continuing in the MCU. Perhaps we’ll see her next in Secret Invasion. 

However, your wish for her over Brie Larson/Carol Danvers as the MCU’s Captain Marvel recalls those same silly arguments that some CM dislikers made in 2018/2019 that Monica Rambeau had the title first (after Mar Vell) and therefore should have been the MCU Captain Marvel. Most of these dislikers didn’t actually care about Monica Rambeau but just used her as another reason to dislike on Carol Danvers/Brie Larson. 

Carol Danvers is the true heir of the Captain Mar-Vell legacy. Her character intro in the comics is only one month younger than Mar-Vell and she was established as the female Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, in 1977. After Mar-Vell died, the Captain title should have gone to Carol Danvers, but Marvel Comics mistreated poor Carol so much(had her raped, memories and powers stripped away, and wronged by both Avengers and X-Men)  that her character was kind of in shambles in the 80’s. So in a copyright move to retain the rights to the name, Marvel created a new Captain Marvel (Monica) who had absolutely nothing to do with Mar-Vell or the Kree. I root for Monica Rambeau but it was wrong to pass up Carol Danvers/Ms Marvel for promotion to Captain. Thankfully Marvel Comics fixed that in 2012 and got it right in the movie, too.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

So, as a comic book collector, who has not read all the Marvel newer series, I'm totally lost.  I had to watch the last episode 3 times, because I dozed off in the last few minutes. I will have to watch it again, to see @gadzukes

I'm just wondering how many people who don't have a Ph.D. in Marvel (I've always been more of a DC collector) is doing with this series. My husband gave up. I know all about who Quicksilver is and Franklin Richards and of course Wanda and Vision, even Agatha (although I thought she had white hair) but I think I'm missing a lot...

So thanks for this thread.

19 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Yes, Teyonah Parris/Monica Rambeau is great in WandaVision and I look forward to her story continuing in the MCU. Perhaps we’ll see her next in Secret Invasion. 

However, your wish for her over Brie Larson/Carol Danvers as the MCU’s Captain Marvel recalls those same silly arguments that some CM dislikers made in 2018/2019 that Monica Rambeau had the title first (after Mar Vell) and therefore should have been the MCU Captain Marvel. Most of these dislikers didn’t actually care about Monica Rambeau but just used her as another reason to dislike on Carol Danvers/Brie Larson. 

Carol Danvers is the true heir of the Captain Mar-Vell legacy. Her character intro in the comics is only one month younger than Mar-Vell and she was established as the female Captain Marvel, Ms Marvel, in 1977. After Mar-Vell died, the Captain title should have gone to Carol Danvers, but Marvel Comics mistreated poor Carol so much(had her raped, memories and powers stripped away, and wronged by both Avengers and X-Men)  that her character was kind of in shambles in the 80’s. So in a copyright move to retain the rights to the name, Marvel created a new Captain Marvel (Monica) who had absolutely nothing to do with Mar-Vell or the Kree. I root for Monica Rambeau but it was wrong to pass up Carol Danvers/Ms Marvel for promotion to Captain. Thankfully Marvel Comics fixed that in 2012 and got it right in the movie, too.

I saw that coming...

whosaid_cptmarvel.gif.55a5d7563b138e4c36e30bff3096a3e1.gif

21 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I don't know about the characters, but the actress who is playing Monica is a lot more likeable as far as I'm concerned...and I'm someone who knew zip about Brie Larson.

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

So, as a comic book collector, who has not read all the Marvel newer series, I'm totally lost.  I had to watch the last episode 3 times, because I dozed off in the last few minutes. I will have to watch it again, to see @gadzukes

I'm just wondering how many people who don't have a Ph.D. in Marvel (I've always been more of a DC collector) is doing with this series. My husband gave up. I know all about who Quicksilver is and Franklin Richards and of course Wanda and Vision, even Agatha (although I thought she had white hair) but I think I'm missing a lot...

So thanks for this thread.

This came up earlier and people dismissed the concern rather quickly. Because - you know. How dare you assume the world is not familiar with all of Marvel and the MCU.

:baiting:

But when it comes to later audience relevance and stickiness to rewatch the show you can assume there are those that are going to get lost and disinterested. No matter how much us comic book nerds scream, "DON'T YOU GET HOW AMAZING THIS IS?!"

Time will tell if this extensively connected.

24 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I don't know about the characters, but the actress who is playing Monica is a lot more likeable as far as I'm concerned...and I'm someone who knew zip about Brie Larson.

I suppose likability is a top priority  when considering women in power roles, but Captain Marvel isn’t here to make friends. She’s just here to save the universe.