• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 March Madness - Round of 24
2 2

169 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, toro said:

Just submitted my grades and I never read anything into the emoji's, but this can't be good.

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

If it makes you feel any better-- I got the exact same one. And we both had the same points last round. We could both be toast. Who knows. DId you get :golfclap: for last round?

1 hour ago, toro said:

Just submitted my grades and I never read anything into the emoji's, but this can't be good.

I got :takeit:2c

I was so confident the moment I submitted my grades last night. But just minutes later ...the inevitable creep of doubt began, as seen in the "grades in" post above. It has now grown into a full blown panic of second guessing and self loathing, as I wish I could go back and change my grades. Alas my fate is sealed, the die has been cast, nothing but high anxiety and shear dread lay before me in the coming hours. Makes for great fun, kinda like a comic book roller coaster ride!!!  :ohnoez::makepoint:doh!  But hey, amazingly, i'm still in this thing! (for now anyway)

17 hours ago, toro said:

I get the sinking feeling that is me on the bottom.  :sorry:

Yea - you may only get 75 points this round!  The horror!

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:
18 hours ago, toro said:

I get the sinking feeling that is me on the bottom.  :sorry:

Yea - you may only get 75 points this round!  The horror!

Toro moaning he didnt do good is like a cat moaning about how the mouse will probably defeat him.

1 hour ago, kav said:

Toro moaning he didnt do good is like a cat moaning about how the mouse will probably defeat him.

@toro is human-- perhaps he finally succumbed to the consistent need of contest organizers to throw these confusing emojis at players. Fun for them and often times maddening to the players (which is added fun for our tormentors--- err-- contest hosts).

2 hours ago, flashlites said:

The dread, the horror! I got the Sumo makes bricks emoji! LoL!!! I'm goin' down for sure... Oh God, what have I done???

I gave up trying to figure out what message was being conveyed with the responses. Sometimes good ones meant terrible results and vice versa - or they were accurate. They can also be random or everyone gets the exact same one. Best move is to just submit your guess and walk away from it for a few days. Second guessing never counts.