• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective 1000 - 80 different variant covers!?!
1 1

107 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, talesof... said:

I'm somewhat glad I got the Alex Ross homage cover before it went crazy and also disappointed. I payed 50 for the book. I tried to get on his site but alas the scalpers were alive and well. and it looks like it is paying off for them after release. I bought mine the same day people were listing their pre orders on ebay. I found out it's recycled art. I would of thought alex would of done something different but its still cool anyway. The homage image is from the 1996 fleer skybox kingdom come DC trading cards. He did one for Action comics the detective comics and wonder woman. I thought it looked familiar. oh well, im excited to get it anyway.

Wrong.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

It's not the same artwork as the Kingdom Come homage.

The Kingdom Come 'chase card' was an homage to the same book.

The Detective Comics #27 homage for #1000 is new, though.

Thanks

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

It's not the same artwork as the Kingdom Come homage.

The Kingdom Come 'chase card' was an homage to the same book.

The Detective Comics #27 homage for #1000 is new, though.

oh. you again.I had a feeling you'd be back. im not surprised. so what makes it "new" the top part that says detective comics? that part looks like the same font as the one with Harley catwoman and poison ivy. it is recycled artwork. the only part of it missing is the blue part on top. That blue part is covered up by the detective comics font. Here look. but im sure you still wont be convinced so rather than type to you ill just send a link for you and those to look at and judge for themselves. You however, cant be wrong so I have no doubts you will still see what you want even if you are wrong. I think you see that im new and im going to be easy pickings. you will find that to be untrue.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Fleer-Skybox-DC-Comics-Kingdom-Come-Xtra-Classics-Insert-Card-Set-Alex-Ross/163624905709?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

2 minutes ago, talesof... said:

oh. you again.I had a feeling you'd be back. im not surprised. so what makes it "new" the top part that says detective comics? that part looks like the same font as the one with Harley catwoman and poison ivy. it is recycled artwork. the only part of it missing is the blue part on top. That blue part is covered up by the detective comics font. Here look. but im sure you still wont be convinced so rather than type to you ill just send a link for you and those to look at and judge for themselves. You however, cant be wrong so I have no doubts you will still see what you want even if you are wrong. I think you see that im new and im going to be easy pickings. you will find that to be untrue.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Fleer-Skybox-DC-Comics-Kingdom-Come-Xtra-Classics-Insert-Card-Set-Alex-Ross/163624905709?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

If you don't see the differences then I cannot help you.

It's not the same artwork.

All you have to do is pay attention to detail. I.e. the number of windows on the buildings. The distance between his cape and the background.

Same idea. Different execution. I'm not wrong because I'm infallible - I'm not wrong because the facts will tell you, in this case, that I'm correct.

Edited by TwoPiece

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

If you don't see the differences then I cannot help you.

It's not the same artwork.

I see the blue up top. that is covered up on the book. that blue is where detective comics is written. cover the blue up and look at it. the top of the buildings are cut off because the detective comics font covers that up.

Just now, talesof... said:

I see the blue up top. that is covered up on the book. that blue is where detective comics is written. cover the blue up and look at it. the top of the buildings are cut off because the detective comics font covers that up.

Alex Ross did not regurgitate the same artwork. The devil is in the details.

Count the number of windows on the buildings. Actually pay attention to the details, have your epiphany, and good day sir.

I bought the two pack off his website, because that's all that was available at the time. 

Honestly, I am considering slabbing and selling the virgin cover once it shows up.

I will not sell the homage cover because that was the one I wanted , and would have bought it by itself if the option wasn't sold out.

Edited by D84

13 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Why are people paying out the ___ for these? I don't remember seeing any of the AC1000 variants explode like this?

I'll just bide my time until the freak show calms down and pick up the $10 comic at a fair price.

You are right no one cared about the Action 1000s but People are paying more $ only for the artist exclusive covers not for the TEC 1000 decades one that action 1000 had.

Some of these you could only order from the artists' websites, some only from the exclusive comic stores

10 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

I bought the standard cover (whichever one that is).  I can't be bothered by all these variants.  What happens when a Carnage-esque first appearance happens and there are 20 variant covers of the same first appearance?

Don't mention Carnage you will bring BITCYNESAWRMI HERE!!!!!