• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Aparo... RIP

52 posts in this topic

Just to echo what's allready been said, we in the comic world have lost one of our greats - frown.gif

I went to a NYC show that Jim was at two years ago. I actually bought a piece of art from * the artist's choice * and had him sign it. Very nice guy and he was surprized to see the page.

Curiously i went to spencer's web site , since he was Aparo's rep. all his art has been pulled as well as his name. confused-smiley-013.gif

Wow, what a fantastic out pouring of support. I have never been a big comic book fan; to me Jim was just the nice guy who lived next door. We would stop and talk when we ran in too each other well getting mail; we’d gave him a hand clearing his driveway after a big snow storm, wave to each other when going out. It’s amazing to see how many lives he touched. I know his family is touched by the support from all of you. Jim

Aparo was underappreciated from doing characters that had brought acclaim to Adams just a few years before. For this Marvel-centric reader, his work on Adventure and Batman, along with Wrightson's and Kirby's stuff, were the reasons to keep interest in DC in the early 70s.

This simple yet terrifying reintroduction of the Spectre is one of my most favorite Bronze covers:

Adv431.jpg

Aparo was underappreciated from doing characters that had brought acclaim to Adams just a few years before. For this Marvel-centric reader, his work on Adventure and Batman, along with Wrightson's and Kirby's stuff, were the reasons to keep interest in DC in the early 70s.

This simple yet terrifying reintroduction of the Spectre is one of my most favorite Bronze covers

My favorite is #433. I was reading it just this weekend. frown.gif

98_2_0433.jpg

sorry.gif

Us horror heads will miss him, too. He did the art for this one from HoM 201, which I rank in my personal "Top 3" horror stories that warped my mind as a kid...

876733-HoM201.jpg

Holy cow!!! I think I read this book as a kid also and it warped my mind too. I did not realize this was Jim A!. Wow what an entertaining series

Thanks Jim!!

Via con Dios

sorry.gif

Us horror heads will miss him, too. He did the art for this one from HoM 201, which I rank in my personal "Top 3" horror stories that warped my mind as a kid...

876733-HoM201.jpg

Holy cow!!! I think I read this book as a kid also and it warped my mind too. I did not realize this was Jim A!. Wow what an entertaining series

Thanks Jim!!

Via con Dios

John Albano died earlier this year, too. frown.gif