• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed

4 posts in this topic

Digging deep (sadly) to sell some off some keys to pay off student loans and rather then taking the time to list one by one even though I have professional scans of everything, looking for thoughts on best methods? I want to maximize my selling potential.

I am not a fan of Comiclink so that is out. I have used commiconnect for buying countless times but never had success in selling. I don't trust ebay on the books over $3K. List one by one on the boards??? I don't know if I have the energy for that.

Everything is CGC graded except for the art (well heck even a few of those were pick-ups at cons and had CGC encase but all are either TWD or Mouse Guard related)

Just so ya'll have idea what I am talking about - All books are first appearances from A,B,C,D,E level characters

Very close to all major early to mid Marvel Bronze keys in HG except ASM129 and WWBN32.

Very close to all major  Marvel late bronze through early Modern keys (all in 9.8 except maybe 1)

Several Mid to Late Silver Marvel & DC keys (all above 9.0 except maybe 3 books)

Almost all Late Bronze through early Modern Indie Keys in very high grade except TMNT 1 (1st print).

*Lots of spec books included in the above that have not reached their potential

Edited by 1p36DSA

1 hour ago, 1p36DSA said:

Digging deep (sadly) to sell some off some keys to pay off student loans and rather then taking the time to list one by one even though I have professional scans of everything, looking for thoughts on best methods? I want to maximize my selling potential.

I am not a fan of Comiclink so that is out. I have used commiconnect for buying countless times but never had success in selling. I don't trust ebay on the books over $3K. List one by one on the boards??? I don't know if I have the energy for that.

If maximizing the selling potential is truly the highest priority, then you will provide the vast majority of the effort no matter what venue you decide. Whether that's here, FB, IG or wherever, you provide the labor to market, sell, package and ship the material.

If you want to negotiate/accept a reasonable selling potential with a third party like an auction house, MCS or dealer, then that party will provide the vast majority of the effort. You've sort of limited those choices in your original post, but as @Bird mentioned, HA  is the most reputable venue here followed by Hakes and a few others.

Good luck!

-bc