• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYX question *DELETED*

13 posts in this topic

X-23 is the 23rd attempt to clone wolverine. The first 22 were attempted to make the clone male but failed. The 23rd was puposely tried as female and worked. Check out the X-23 mini for the details. As far as NYX, it is spelled, not spoken. But for a meaning... ask Joe Q

X-23 is the 23rd attempt to clone wolverine. The first 22 were attempted to make the clone male but failed. The 23rd was puposely tried as female and worked. Check out the X-23 mini for the details. As far as NYX, it is spelled, not spoken. But for a meaning... ask Joe Q

X-23 is also Marvels 23rd attempt to create another character as successful as Wolverine........and fail.

X-23 is also Marvels 23rd attempt to create another character as successful as Wolverine........and fail.

Funny, that's similar to what I was thinking... Marvel's 23rd attempt to clone Wolverine.

Considering how well the mini sold...X-23 hasn't failed yet =p

Wolverine 28 sold 80k copies in May. X-23 #6 sold 50k copies in May. Now, consider that Wolverine has JRJR, Millar and a cover from Greg Lan, while X-23 had...errr, no one anyone has heard of. Also consider that Wolverine is not a mini-series and X-23 was. The next closest Marvel mini was Shanna at 37k. 50k in sales means it outsold the likes of Daredevil and Flash.

Nah, I'd say X-23 hasn't failed just yet.

Yeah, they speculated on the first X23 issue, which sold 90k copies, not the last four which all sold 50-60k. Makes me wonder when the ongoing written by Millar or Bendis will start, heh.

while X-23 had...errr, no one anyone has heard of.

Billy Tan - Top Cow workhorse and go-to guy. I remember his work from Ascension (late 90's stuff); he also filled in on Witchblade and Tomb Raider issues during creative team transitions...