• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

957 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Is Gorr an "intergalactic" supervillain, though? Bale would be a good casting for him.

Gorr is an alien, which is an intergalactic being. If they’re going with Jason Aaron storylines (ie Jane Foster wielding Mjolnir) then Gorr makes sense. I thought Bale might be the Minotaur, who’s also a Jason Aaron creation, but if it’s alien, it’s got to be Gorr.

5 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Gorr is an alien, which is an intergalactic being. If they’re going with Jason Aaron storylines (ie Jane Foster wielding Mjolnir) then Gorr makes sense. I thought Bale might be the Minotaur, who’s also a Jason Aaron creation, but if it’s alien, it’s got to be Gorr.

wut?

relating to or situated between two or more galaxies.

As far as I'm aware, all of the current aliens in the MCU are merely inner-galactic.

Being an intergalactic threat (which Thanos was, by seeking to impact the entire universe, but did he traverse multiple galaxies?) is an important description - hence my interest in understanding the validity of attaching the term to Bale's character.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Typo.

19 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

wut?

As far as I'm aware, all of the current aliens in the MCU are merely inner-galactic.

Being an intergalactic threat (which Thanos was, by seeking to impact the entire universe, but did he traverse multiple galaxies?) is an important description - hence my interest in understanding the validity of attaching the term to Bale's character.

I think when they say “Intergalactic”, they don’t mean in a multiverse kind of way. A galaxy scientifically is just a system of stars. Intergalactic simply means from another galaxy. Ours is the Milky Way, Gorr or the Skrulls are from another Galaxy, say Andromeda or something, thus they are intergalactic. Kind of like how international means from another nation. I think that’s what they mean.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I think when they say “Intergalactic”, they don’t mean in a multiverse kind of way. It simply means from another galaxy. Ours is the Milky Way, Gorr or the Skrulls are from another Galaxy, say Alpha Centauri or something, thus they are intergalactic. Kind of like how international means from another nation. I think that’s what they mean.

I know that "intergalactic" doesn't mean "multiversal". It hasn't been mentioned that the Skrulls come from outside the Milky Way. The entire MCU, as far as we've seen, has been contained within our imaginary galaxy.

That is why an "intergalactic" being and/or threat would be a big deal in a Thor movie.

Also - Alpha Centauri is a solar system within our galaxy...

2 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I know that "intergalactic" doesn't mean "multiversal". It hasn't been mentioned that the Skrulls come from outside the Milky Way. The entire MCU, as far as we've seen, has been contained within our imaginary galaxy.

That is why an "intergalactic" being and/or threat would be a big deal in a Thor movie.

I always liked the name Alpha Centauri but realized that so it’s why I changed it to Andromeda( I’m not an expert in astrology, ok?) 

I misread your original post and thought you meant multiversal. I think when folks say “intergalactic” in a casual science-fiction adventure sense, they just mean “out there.” I don’t think they necessarily mean from a separate galaxy.

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I always liked the name Alpha Centauri but realized that so it’s why I changed it to Andromeda( I’m not an expert in astrology, ok?) 

I misread your original post and thought you meant multiversal. I think when folks say “intergalactic” in a casual science-fiction adventure sense, they just mean “out there.” I don’t think they necessarily mean from a separate galaxy.

Well, that's a poop description for Bale's character, then. :(

14 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I just googled it, and Marvel Wiki says Gorr and the Skrulls (in the comics) come from the Andromeda Galaxy. So I guess technically Gorr is intergalactic.

I just googled it, and Marvel Wiki says Gorr and the Skrulls (in the comics) come from the Andromeda Galaxy. So I guess technically Gorr is intergalactic.

Yeah, I know that. I also know that Captain Marvel kinda sets up the possibility of Skrulls outside of the Milky Way. It just hasn't happened in the MCU yet. Going intergalactic would be something fresh/new for the MCU.

42 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Korvac sucks. I wouldn't like that.

But a Korvac played by Christian Bale might be pretty cool. And if the MCU is going cosmic heavy, then the Korvster, with all his comic book connections to the Badoon and the big G and such would go a long way towards that.

And if Mr Bale is being cast as such, that might most likely mean that K is the next Thanos level threat.

But a Korvac played by Christian Bale might be pretty cool. And if the MCU is going cosmic heavy, then the Korvster, with all his comic book connections to the Badoon and the big G and such would go a long way towards that.

And if Mr Bale is being cast as such, that might most likely mean that K is the next Thanos level threat.

Who they cast for a poop character makes literally no difference to me.

9 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Korvac sucks. I wouldn't like that.

I loved the Korvac Saga in Avengers 168-176 (?).  Was that Shooter and Perez?

What If 32 is also a personal favourite.