• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's BLADE starring Mahershala Ali (2022?)
2 2

190 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2024 at 3:04 PM, Bosco685 said:

I loved that line as well. They did a fantastic job of wrapping up all of the non-DIS Marvel movies that they could in this one.

Edited by kimik

I'm taking a stab in the dark and saying they're finally going to put both in the bin. Blade is just a mess and it has so much negative press behind it that an unbiased release will not be possible, no matter how good it might be. I can't imagine the uphill battle they have with Armor Wars, especially since no one has seen any Iron Man armor anywhere for years. Secret Invasion's use of Rhodey didn't do the character any favors. I could be wrong, sure - but I just don't see how these things translate into "box office money" at this point in the MCU.

On 9/5/2024 at 3:02 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I'm taking a stab in the dark and saying they're finally going to put both in the bin. Blade is just a mess and it has so much negative press behind it that an unbiased release will not be possible, no matter how good it might be. I can't imagine the uphill battle they have with Armor Wars, especially since no one has seen any Iron Man armor anywhere for years. Secret Invasion's use of Rhodey didn't do the character any favors. I could be wrong, sure - but I just don't see how these things translate into "box office money" at this point in the MCU.

Blade works if you make a standalone corner of the Marvel Universe that perhaps the rest of the MCU is unaware of like what we saw with Werewolf by Night. The problem with Blade being a part of the mainstream MCU is to "introduce" vampires as being around us this entire time with no other hero noticing or caring enough to even mention it. There are very few ways to explain vampires away and where they have been the whole time if you want to integrate them into the MCU. 

Make Blade a standalone pocket corner of the MCU where Blade does not have much to do with anyone except for Dr Strange or something and it might work.