• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOHN WICK CHAPTER 4 (2021)
1 1

150 posts in this topic

Fantastic from beginning to end!

And a very cool homage to The Warriors movie as well. Which was great to see.

:headbang:

Up to the trailers, my theater was halfway packed. By the start of the movie, it was packed. I have a feeling this is going to be a huge weekend box office.

Edited by Bosco685

On 3/24/2023 at 2:41 PM, Bosco685 said:

Honestly I had not planned on seeing John Wick 4, because well the ending of John Wick 3 had me rolling my eyes (gets knocked off a 20 story building, smashing into metal fire escapes all the way down and gets up and "walks it off), but with reviews from both critics and audiences in the mid-90's I am a bit tempted now.

Saw it and liked it.  #1 is still the best.  I'm debating in my head which is better, 3 or 4.  The knife scene in #3 I think is still my favorite action sequence of all time but the Paris action scenes were pretty stellar also.  #2 is by far my least favorite.

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 3/26/2023 at 10:38 AM, media_junkie said:

Honestly I had not planned on seeing John Wick 4, because well the ending of John Wick 3 had me rolling my eyes (gets knocked off a 20 story building, smashing into metal fire escapes all the way down and gets up and "walks it off), but with reviews from both critics and audiences in the mid-90's I am a bit tempted now.

To be fair he didn't walk it off - he was left unconscious and broken, only to be scurried away by the Tick Tock Man following the orders of the Bowery King to save him (to be used as an instrument of revenge against the table). There is a decent amount of time between that passes between part 3 and the start of part 4.

On 3/26/2023 at 11:00 AM, Xenosmilus said:

Saw it and liked it.  #1 is still the best.  I'm debating in my head which is better, 3 or 4.  The knife scene in #3 I think is still my favorite action sequence of all time but the Paris action scenes were pretty stellar also.  #2 is by far my least favorite.

Same. Nothing will top how tight the first movie was, even though the action got bigger and better in the sequels. 

I feel the ideas of part 2 would have been better served being edited into a single film with part 3 (as 2 just needed to serve as the catalyst why he is back and also why the high table has it out for him), but at the same time had that happened I might very well have wished they made an entire movie to cover it (but either way I'm happy with all the films)