• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOHN WICK CHAPTER 4 (2021)
1 1

150 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2023 at 5:07 PM, Bosco685 said:

I certainly hope they only mean in the form of flashback cameos at most (such as spin-off characters recalling past jobs with him) - as JW4 ended his arc perfectly, and having him brought back would cheapen the entire emotional weight of his character.

On 3/26/2023 at 5:20 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I certainly hope they only mean in the form of flashback cameos at most (such as spin-off characters recalling past jobs with him) - as JW4 ended his arc perfectly, and having him brought back would cheapen the entire emotional weight of his character.

Did it though?

Spoiler

We saw Winston and The Bowery King at John's gravestone and they look at each other with a smile. And then the dog turns around to look at something near them.

On 3/27/2023 at 5:36 AM, Bosco685 said:

Did it though?

Hide contents

We saw Winston and The Bowery King at John's gravestone and they look at each other with a smile. And then the dog turns around to look at something near them.

That's honestly stretching it, same with when people take Winston's line 

Spoiler

'son'

literally without getting the themes in the movie explicitly mentioned. John has nothing to live for at this point as his entire arc was about Helen, it would be so pointless to keep it going (for a wild amount of reasons they made clear in all the films, and even the directors stated it clearly). This is why I wish it was even more explicit, as it was spelled out in the entire film series & cast members but still people want to think otherwise (which I get the desire for, but arc wise he is done)

Really enjoyed this and never really thought this was going to be the end.
I always thought this franchise was going to keep going and kill all of the upper Table members.

Movie ended a bit sudden, but SO...much fun as a whole! The top down dragon fire sequence was so creative and funny.

We did stay for the after credit sequence, which is interesting for the future.

Edited by Rip

Just got back from seeing this movie.

I give it a 7.5 out of 10.

I t had kung--fu, knife- fu,  nunchaku-fucar-fu, dog-fu,

Oh, hell, it had 'every-thing-everywhere-all at once.'

Loved the call back to #1.

A very satisfying movie. 

Edited by The Brain

Saw it again this weekend, but this time in IMAX. Looked amazing (the crane shot fight made for some great vertigo at that scale), but the sound suffered in the larger theatre space (specifically the bass levels. It was there, but nowhere near what it was at my first viewing in a regular sized theatre, and thus drastically impacted a few scenes in the films; most notably the Berlin club, as the bass builds great tension throughout the card game and then drops hard for the club fight). I think I enjoyed the movie more when the sound was done right - just felt like it hit harder.

Saw it Saturday. Over the Top fun for certain.  I found myself wondering to a distracting level, what was missing, what had been cut, what dialogue would have changed in various scenes etc. 

Definitely the best candidate for full director's cut since JL.  It would/will be an insta-buy for me to experience the complete finale.

B+ for me due to self-inflicted wounds and not being able to stay away from the Internet.