• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Christopher Nolan's TENET (717/20)
1 1

120 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kimik said:

Interesting. We should be able to watch this at the new Landmark, right? 

Correct!

Tenet To Hold Early Access Screenings in Select U.S. Cities

While Tenet will open internationally ahead of its domestic debut, Warner Bros. on Tuesday announced plans for advance screenings of the film in select U.S. cities. Tenet is Christopher Nolan's hotly-anticipated action spy thriller. Early Access Screenings begin on August 31st, three days ahead of the film's September 3rd full domestic release. The screenings will take place on August 31st, September 1st, and September 2nd, in U.S. areas where theaters are open. Tickets for those shows go on sale on Friday, August 21st. Nolan filmed Tenet using a mixture of IMAX and 70mm film. The movie will be available in large-format and premium theaters.

Jeff Goldstein, President, Warner Bros. Pictures Domestic Distribution, made the announcement. Goldstein says, "Warner Bros. is proud to support our partners in exhibition as they reopen their doors. And there could be no better film to welcome audiences back to a true big-screen experience than Tenet."

According to the press release, John David Washington is the new Protagonist in Christopher Nolan's original sci-fi action spectacle Tenet. Armed with only one word—Tenet—and fighting for the survival of the entire world, the Protagonist journeys through a twilight world of international espionage on a mission that will unfold in something beyond real-time. Not time travel. Inversion.

The film also stars Robert Pattinson, Elizabeth Debicki, Dimple Kapadia, Michael Caine, and Kenneth Branagh. Nolan wrote and directed the film, which was produced by Emma Thomas and Nolan. Thomas Hayslip served as executive producer. Nolan's behind-the-scenes creative team included director of photography Hoyte van Hoytema, production designer Nathan Crowley, editor Jennifer Lame, costume designer Jeffrey Kurland, visual effects supervisor Andrew Jackson, and special effects supervisor Scott Fisher. Ludwig Göransson composed the score.

36 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Until the other day, I didn't realize that I love every Nolan project I've seen. I'll probably have to see this one in theaters.

And the actors he selects are so solid. One example of an incredible mix:

The Prestige (2006): Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Scarlett Johansson, David Bowie, Andy Serkis

On 8/19/2020 at 7:42 AM, Bosco685 said:

The Prestige (2006): Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Scarlett Johansson, David Bowie, Andy Serkis

Oh, you mean the movie with Wolverine, Batman, Alfred, Black Widow, Ziggy Stardust and Golum.

On 8/19/2020 at 7:42 AM, Bosco685 said:

Not the best Nolan film but it’s probably my favorite.

1 hour ago, Grails said:

Not the best Nolan film but it’s probably my favorite.

I can remember all the other Nolan films I have seen (what the plot is, how the story goes, etc.), but I just have no clue on this one.  I know I saw it, but damn if I can remember what it was about.  Based on that, I'll say it was the worst Nolan film I have seen.

19 hours ago, media_junkie said:

I can remember all the other Nolan films I have seen (what the plot is, how the story goes, etc.), but I just have no clue on this one.  I know I saw it, but damn if I can remember what it was about.  Based on that, I'll say it was the worst Nolan film I have seen.

Two magicians become fixated on one another's successes in their profession and set out on a path to understand how their competitor achieves their accomplishments, losing site of the fact they were both increasing each other's game - at a sacrifice due to the unhealthy fixation.

Inception and The Dark Knight are still my top Nolan films to date. With Batman Begins and The Prestige right behind them.

Every Christopher Nolan Movie Ranked

theprestige.PNG.823f2be661a11c3cb5c5d32f0f22a8c9.PNG

4) The Prestige (2006)
Sandwiched between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, a rising Nolan snuck in this beguiling, intoxicating, and darkly disturbing tale of obsession, rivalry, and the power of illusion. Based on Christopher Priest's novel, it casts Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale as competing 'magicians' in the Victorian age, each intent on one-upping the other and discovering their secrets, no matter the (perhaps terrible) cost. Bearing Nolan's trademark jumbled chronology, it's ingeniously structured like an illusion itself, laid out in Michael Caine's exposition as The Pledge (the set-up), The Turn (the surprise twist), and The Prestige (the big reveal). If this seems like minor Nolan compared to his heavyweight blockbusters, it really isn't – it's just as exhilarating as any of his action spectacles. It's a film about what it means to have the audience in the palm of your hand, to deliver something they never expected, all the ingenious machinations hidden away, to create something that, on the surface, could only be pure magic. And that's Christopher Nolan through and through.

Edited by Bosco685