• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Christopher Nolan's TENET (717/20)
1 1

120 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Beige said:

Jesus wept, this was terrible.

Thank god I only saw it on Netflix.

Utter garbage.

Thank you. Nolan has become a very pretentious film maker. Over stuffed, convoluted plots doesn't make it high concept or intellectual.

Basically, everything after the Dark Knight has been him stroking his own ego about how smart he thinks he is.

If you team up Brie Larson and Christopher Nolan, you could a true masterpiece of pretentiousness. 

Edited by D84

19 minutes ago, D84 said:

Thank you. Nolan has become a very pretentious film maker. Over stuffed, convoluted plots doesn't make it high concept or intellectual.

Basically, everything after the Dark Knight has been him stroking his own ego about how smart he thinks he is.

If you team up Brie Larson and Christopher Nolan, you could a true masterpiece of pretentiousness. 

You don't like Inception or Interstellar?

5 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You don't like Inception or Interstellar?

Inception was okay until the open ending. If I'm paying someone to tell me a story, don't expect me to come up with the ending unless I get a writing credit and piece of the back end.

Interstellar was an 80s sci fi b-movie -script, with high quality acting and visual effects.

1 minute ago, D84 said:

Inception was okay until the open ending. If I'm paying someone to tell me a story, don't expect me to come up with the ending unless I get a writing credit and piece of the back end.

Interstellar was an 80s sci fi b-movie --script, with high quality acting and visual effects.

IIRC, Cobb's wedding ring gives the movie a definitive ending.

1 hour ago, D84 said:

Interstellar was an 80s sci fi b-movie --script, with high quality acting and visual effects.

That ending was the part that made the movie for me. Just made me smile right into the credits.

I really enjoyed all the mind twists with Inception. So I am okay with that film.

Interstellar I didn't experience in the theaters, and only watched it after a number of recommends on here. It was good.

But with Tenet, having watched it a second time, I think there is excessive complexity to challenge moviegoers how they see the world and time. But to the point they see ...

picasso.gif.92bb27bdaaa10b00d507c6500189a714.gif

On 6/16/2021 at 9:52 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

IIRC, Cobb's wedding ring gives the movie a definitive ending.

This. The top was never his totem; it was Mal's.

But without that - if viewed on its face, the ambiguity makes sense - the point is, at that point Cobb *didn't care* whether he was still dreaming - it didn't matter. After all he'd been through, all he cared about was seeing his kids again, whether it was reality or not.

Edited by Gatsby77

On 10/28/2021 at 5:40 AM, Oddball said:

I really liked watching him in Ballers and had no idea he was Denzel’s son. He carried Tenet pretty well. Charismatic and cool and fun to watch.

Many years ahead for fantastic roles. I do look forward to his future contributions.

I just watched Tenet this week. Notes:

• Hard to follow, had to do some internet research to bridge my gap of understanding. This is not necessarily a negative, as I also couldn't follow Dune too closely, and both movies are clearly made very well.
  • I like it a lot. Will definitely get the 4K Steelbook. Classic Nolan.
  • A common criticism I saw was, "sound mix was awful, couldn't hear people talk". Well, the first time I witnessed this, it was abundantly clear to me that it was intentional. He drowned out the conversations so that you focused with your eyes. Some people really have no clue about artistic intention and how they lead you to pay attention to what details and why.
  • Pattinson was better than expected. I didn't expect him to be bad at all, but this is probably the best performance that I have seen him give.

On 7/29/2022 at 9:47 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

A common criticism I saw was, "sound mix was awful, couldn't hear people talk". Well, the first time I witnessed this, it was abundantly clear to me that it was intentional. He drowned out the conversations so that you focused with your eyes. Some people really have no clue about artistic intention and how they lead you to pay attention to what details and why.