• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Christopher Nolan's TENET (717/20)
1 1

120 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Grails said:

I always forget he did Insomnia, probably because it doesn’t feel like a Nolan movie. Still thought it was great.

Even with Interstellar I had ignored that until some forumites highly recommended it to me. So at least he takes on differing topics versus one set genre.

I plan to go this weekend (if my wife will let me lol).  I have to figure out to eat popcorn or drink pop with my mask on. :tonofbricks:

This movie won’t be for everyone. It’s complicated to follow and if you don’t pay acute attention you could miss something critical to the plot.

I think this is one of those films where repeat viewings would help.

I give it 4/5.

Saw it in the theater yesterday with my wife. Generally was very good. It plays with time in a very unique way that really messes with you at first. I almost want to go back and see again to fully get it. Everyone gave solid performances and I especially liked Pattison and Washington. The plot was intricate so you have to pay attention. I didn’t like the sound mixing but the theater we went to was funky so who knows could have just been their speakers. 

8.5/10

10 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

That's what I wanted to ask about -- the sound mixing.

Multiple reviews have said the score is so loud you can't hear the dialogue at multiple points. 

Is that true?

It’s rough to start, yeah. The conversations really have issues when it’s in an action sequence. I think actors who project more like Kenneth Branaugh (sp?) had no issues but sometimes Washington didn’t project much so it could be a struggle.

2 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

That's what I wanted to ask about -- the sound mixing.

Multiple reviews have said the score is so loud you can't hear the dialogue at multiple points. 

Is that true?

I had the same issue.

I will say this is a movie that feels right in the theater. Bill and Ted was sorta crappy and didn't have the finished spectacle of Tenet so seeing it on rental was fine. I plan on enjoying these last few big budget movies when they come out in theater, to honor and say good bye to the era of larger than life huge money epics.

2 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Nolan had the same problem with THE DARK KNIGHT RISES. It was hard to hear a lot of the dialogue with the music and the bass being dialed up to the max.

Tom Hardy was impossible to understand.

13 hours ago, piper said:

Tom Hardy was impossible to understand.

Which is a shame, because most of his dialogue was excellent, once you decipher what he's saying.