• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: THE ACOLYTE (2023?)
3 3

306 posts in this topic

On 6/6/2024 at 12:23 PM, october said:

You thought Book of Boba Fett was gold? lol

I don't know a single person who thought it was good, let alone "gold" and that has zero to do with being "w0ke" and everything to do with it being a steaming pile of garbage. 

You're right. I forgot about that one! Although I didn't think it was garbage, it certainly failed the character and fans.

On 6/6/2024 at 11:28 AM, october said:

"My evil twin did it" is peak Hollywood creativity. 

I can actually accept this premise since they are trying to wrap some mystery/intrigue/conspiracy into it. Watched the first two episodes and I really enjoy all the characters they've introduced.

Posted (edited)

Screenshot2024-06-06at4_25_13PM.png.ed3dd0e48125286e164d5fbabc26bbda.png

Bob Igor (Master) and Kathleen Kennedy (Cringe apprentice) are officially the Sith lords that are killing their company!

I have no faith that X-Men and FF will be good.

I just called my stock broker and I ask him what I should so with my Disney stock. 

This was his logical business answer....

c4b0e384-c6df-42f9-9592-308e7b6ef65f_text.gif.84492206bb3d620af60ea752fce8305e.gif

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 6/6/2024 at 6:32 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Screenshot2024-06-06at4_25_13PM.png.ed3dd0e48125286e164d5fbabc26bbda.png

Bob Igor (Master) and Kathleen Kennedy (Cringe apprentice) are officially the Sith lords that are killing their company!

I have no faith that X-Men and FF will be good.

I just called my stock broker and I ask him what I should so with my Disney stock. 

This was his logical business answer....

c4b0e384-c6df-42f9-9592-308e7b6ef65f_text.gif.84492206bb3d620af60ea752fce8305e.gif

I've seen four episodes. I assume you've seen two or less. Just curious why you think it's so bad in such a limited sample.

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2024 at 5:02 PM, I like pie said:

I've seen four episodes. I assume you've seen two or less. Just curious why you think it's so bad in such a limited sample.

I just experienced this right now.  This was more action packed than anything Star Wars has done on Disney+

image.thumb.png.7f8495fa6ce0f0ba1097f786dac2f345.png

Really?  I have to explain what bad acting, a terrible story, and cheap looking costumes look like.  Cosplay at comic con is better!

Limited Sample?  It's been mostly bad for 5 years with all Disney Marvel and Star Wars.  Or am I wrong?

Edited by NewWorldOrder

On 6/6/2024 at 10:30 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

This felt like a combination of Disney teen tripe and a Star Trek show.  Andor feels like Shakespeare compared to this. 

I am waiting for the plot thread about the good cloned triplet (unknown to the twins) trained by pre-Grogu.

Screenshot2024-06-06at5_55_57PM.thumb.png.6f85db49037678c6d3093936e7fd8aac.png

No one can convince me that many of those critics aren't paid to give + reviews, or at least lie so they keep getting all the perks Disney provides them.

Especially with who they hired as the director I am not shocked by the failure of this TV project.

Besides r/SaltierThanCrait, which isn’t surprising given the MO of that sub, I haven’t seen too much in the way of bad reactions to the two episodes on the Reddit subs I follow, so I’m not surprised by the rotten tomatoes score. YouTube reviews, like most of YouTube is hucksters looking for clicks.  

It’s only two episodes in, so I’m withholding any judgement, but I have a feeling I know where they are going with this show. Looking forward to the rest. 

On 6/6/2024 at 8:00 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

Screenshot2024-06-06at5_55_57PM.thumb.png.6f85db49037678c6d3093936e7fd8aac.png

No one can convince me that many of those critics aren't paid to give + reviews, or at least lie so they keep getting all the perks Disney provides them.

Especially with who they hired as the director I am not shocked by the failure of this TV project.

You sound pretty ridiculous. 90% of the reviews are based on 2 episodes and review bombing. Your blind hate of Star Wars Disney lacks conviction. This series could very well end up being awful but people who don't even give it a chance before the story is told sound foolish.

I don't understand why the review sites allow anyone to vote before the series is completed. 

On 6/6/2024 at 6:53 PM, I like pie said:

You sound pretty ridiculous. 90% of the reviews are based on 2 episodes and review bombing. Your blind hate of Star Wars Disney lacks conviction. This series could very well end up being awful but people who don't even give it a chance before the story is told sound foolish.

I don't understand why the review sites allow anyone to vote before the series is completed. 

Besides Andor and Mando S1 S2 (the non filler episodes) what have you enjoyed?

What I saying to you most of what Disney has put out since they they acquired the rights in 2015 has been a disgrace to all the characters and most fans agree.

What can you possibly enjoy about the CW style cringe the have become?

The biggest mistake they have made was the Obi-Wan Kenob season.  That should have been a blockbuster movie project. Darth Vader is for the big screen only!

Listen I wish I could enjoy what Disney has put out, but right now their forced (without debate here) agenda is killing this franchise. 

The only SW Disney program I didnt watch was Asoka (I was excited for it), but I am glad I did not watch it now after so many people I trust told me dont bother.  I regretted wasting my time on mostly everything else they have done.  I dont have time anymore to give everything a watch when I know just from the trailers it looks cheap and lackluster.   The only reason I signed back up for Disney+ was to binge watch X-Men '97 so I might as well try The Acolyte and after 2 episodes this show is really bad.  I am going to watch E3, but I am sure it will be a waste of time.  The acting and fighting choreography is High School level!

On 6/7/2024 at 11:53 AM, I like pie said:

Leslye, hey waddup gurl.   Welcome to the boards :womanhero:

On 6/7/2024 at 1:28 PM, NewWorldOrder said:
On 6/7/2024 at 11:53 AM, I like pie said:

What I saying to you most of what Disney has put out since they they acquired the rights in 2015 has been a disgrace to all the characters and most fans agree.

The biggest mistake they have made was the Obi-Wan Kenob season.  That should have been a blockbuster movie project. Darth Vader is for the big screen only!

Listen I wish I could enjoy what Disney has put out, but right now their forced (without debate here) agenda is killing this franchise. 

The only SW Disney program I didnt watch was Asoka (I was excited for it), but I am glad I did not watch it now after so many people I trust told me dont bother.  I regretted wasting my time on mostly everything else they have done.  I dont have time anymore to give everything a watch when I know just from the trailers it looks cheap and lackluster.   The only reason I signed back up for Disney+ was to binge watch X-Men '97 so I might as well try The Acolyte and after 2 episodes this show is really bad.  I am going to watch E3, but I am sure it will be a waste of time.  The acting and fighting choreography is High School level!

Disney is currently fueling an exploding industry of youtubers talking about how bad this series is.    It seems Leslye couldn't write a script to fight her way out of a wet paper bag.  

It's quite stunning to be honest.

On 6/6/2024 at 10:28 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

All of that aside, what does have to do with pre-judging a completely new series, 1-2 episodes in? No one really cares about your opinion at that point, when you're so closed minded.

There's no logical reasoning. "I hate Disney Star Wars" just because, isn't valid. Ahsoka was a hard 8.5/10 but you seem so sour, I'd suggest skipping any SW future content forever.

On 6/7/2024 at 3:15 PM, I like pie said:

I'd suggest skipping any SW future content forever.

Thats already happened for the majority of fans.

Your saying the dam is fine, long after it has broken.   You need to keep up with whats happening.   

Is there another universe in which Ashoka is a 8.5??