• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How long before a graded book shows up in the census?

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm looking for info regarding how long it takes for a graded book to appear in the census. Exchange Collectibles originally had 15 CGC 9.8 copies of the book Plague Doktor. There are currently 6 remaining for sale. I looked up Plague Doktor in the census and nothing shows up. What's up with that?

20 hours ago, spiralizer1 said:

Hello,

I'm looking for info regarding how long it takes for a graded book to appear in the census. Exchange Collectibles originally had 15 CGC 9.8 copies of the book Plague Doktor. There are currently 6 remaining for sale. I looked up Plague Doktor in the census and nothing shows up. What's up with that?

Nothing turns up on the census search for Plague Doktor.  Using google, I located and searched Exchange Collectibles and found no certified copies of Plague Doktor.  So I'm not sure what comic you're talking about.

This is what shows up on the dealer website, a photoshopped 'slab' without a certification number: https://exchangecollectibles.com/search?q=plague+doktor

Edited by namisgr

21 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Nothing turns up on the census search for Plague Doktor.  Using google, I located and searched Exchange Collectibles and found no certified copies of Plague Doktor.  So I'm not sure what comic you're talking about.

This is what shows up on the dealer website, a fake slab without a certification number: https://exchangecollectibles.com/search?q=plague+doktor

Exactly, my searches yield this image:

PlagueDoktor-CGC-JPG_5f4cceeb-0eeb-483b-

Not a real product.

1 hour ago, spiralizer1 said:

Thanks for your response. However, these graded books have been available since the end of April and are still not appearing in the census.

All of their social media has only been active since May with very little if any follows on them.  Everyone has to start somewhere, and it is possible they might be waiting for the books to come back from being graded?  I would still be cautious.

Thank you all! I know the book is real...I wrote it! I ordered a raw copy from them just to make sure they were legit and it arrived pretty quickly. This is a variant cover exclusive to them and my goal was to get graded copies of all covers for my personal collection. Just didn't have $70 to drop on it at the moment.

Is it lame to get graded copies of your own book? Probably.

@Crops068 I suppose it's possible they are waiting on them to come back from grading. Weird that they would have them for immediate sale though. It says nothing of waiting or a pre-order or anything like that.

Edited by spiralizer1

18 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Books are entered into the Census on Mondays. 

This is correct, but CGC does not add books to the public census until they have shipped back to the submitter.  There is (theoretically) a time gap between the submitter knowing the latest graded books before the public knows them.