• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee Comic/Artist Backpacks

29 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Jim Lee was wearing a Seiko 6105 diver. But I digress. How much are they? Kinda fast forwarded through it cause the music was super-*@#

It's all on the right column. Different prices for different options. The one I wanted was $135 + shipping. Seriously considered it but just too expensive.

7 minutes ago, catman76 said:

Sorry, but what pretentious c-rap and a rip off. You can get a really good backpack that's similar for only 30 or 40 bucks.

No need to apologise to me! Maybe to Jim Lee if he reads your post. Then again he’s laughing all the way to the bank based on the sales already 

I probably wouldn't carry an expensive comic book in any backpack. But this backpack does seem good if you are carrying all that stuff like Jim Lee. I think a lot of people carry too much these days. I believe people call them Mall Commandos or something like that. They have their phones, flashlights, knives, lighters, first aid kits, moleskine/field notes, bored flipping things, and all kinds of other stuff.

I carry my phone, power stick, cash, wallet, keys, hard folder or box for comics.

i usually buy hard too loaders at the show if I buy a raw book.  I also bring a giant bubble envelope for a  slab... never had a problem. 

I usually bring a daypack backpack or a midsize to small messenger bag.

I hate overpacking and I don’t ever go to shows to pick up a bunch of things.  

I don't really understand why people say it is overpriced. Unless you're buying a kids backpack, you're going to be spending at least $100 for a decent backpack these days. If you check out the Wirecutter's favorite laptop backpacks, the cheapest in the entire recommended list is $80, and a few are pushing $200. 

For something so specialized I feel like this is a pretty good price. If I was looking to replace the bag I use now I would definitely consider it. 

11 minutes ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I don't really understand why people say it is overpriced. Unless you're buying a kids backpack, you're going to be spending at least $100 for a decent backpack these days. If you check out the Wirecutter's favorite laptop backpacks, the cheapest in the entire recommended list is $80, and a few are pushing $200. 

For something so specialized I feel like this is a pretty good price. If I was looking to replace the bag I use now I would definitely consider it. 

Idk where you're buying backpacks from, but you can get a backpack of this campaign's quality for half the price of these pledge tiers.

After looking at it, its highly specialized and if its manufactured with quality that matches the price, I don't think the pricing is out of line at all. Of course there is a premium due to the branding, but if this seems like a crazy amount to spend on what is being advertised then you all must really be some penny pinchers 

Just now, speedcake said:

After looking at it, its highly specialized and if its manufactured with quality that matches the price, I don't think the pricing is out of line at all. Of course there is a premium due to the branding, but if this seems like a crazy amount to spend on what is being advertised then you all must really be some penny pinchers 

The "artist edition" or whatever is fairly specialized, but the "comic collector backpack" product is priced twice as high as similar products.

28 minutes ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I agree with you. My best backpack is primarily used in cooler weather which is a waxed canvas and leather with some fleece lining from LL Bean that I bought a few years ago before the LL Bean quality diminished to fit the price point.  That bag was about $175 (just looked) about five years ago.  

My daily go to bag though is either a cinch sack or a Jack Bauer type messenger bag that both cost $20-25.

depends on what you are using the bag for.

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I literally posted where to buy the backpacks from. lol

I mean, you cited a source for "laptop backpacks". I didn't assume you bought them, though, since you just bounced prices off of it.

You can get a perfect backpack for comic collecting for $60 (or less) at tons of other sites.

The "artist" backpack or whatever, Idk if that's worth the $120 pledge price, but the "comic" backpack is very much overpriced IMO.

I have a swiss back pack very well padded and comfortable that I use to use for University and has a separate laptop pocket that has added protection that I picked up for like 45$ CDN and I use that for cons I got to with one of the BCW comic book storefolios for my raw book pick ups. has enough space for all kinds of stuff as well. 

the only thing that looks like I could add to my arsenal is the 11 x 17 portfolio but I am sure I can pick something up similar. 

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I mean, you cited a source for "laptop backpacks". I didn't assume you bought them, though, since you just bounced prices off of it.

You can get a perfect backpack for comic collecting for $60 (or less) at tons of other sites.

The "artist" backpack or whatever, Idk if that's worth the $120 pledge price, but the "comic" backpack is very much overpriced IMO.

Well sure, you can make your own bag for carrying comics too, but most people are willing to pay more for higher quality. The bag I'm using is the Ogio Axle bag that runs $100. An extra $20 for features specific to carrying books at cons seems like a pretty reasonable amount if it's going to get used it enough. 

3 minutes ago, Kon_Jelly said:

Well sure, you can make your own bag for carrying comics too, but most people are willing to pay more for higher quality. The bag I'm using is the Ogio Axle bag that runs $100. An extra $20 for features specific to carrying books at cons seems like a pretty reasonable amount if it's going to get used it enough. 

Idk. There's a PGX slab in one of those pictures. Can't be that great of a bag if you're putting one of those in it!

I couldn't tell you off-hand what backpack I have, but it's not anything less than this campaign, and I bought it for $55 in 2017(?) I think.*

The artist backpack is a different story. The comic one is just very much overpriced. It makes some sense because of the Jim Lee and DC/Batman factor, but not very sensible for anyone with a budget.

*Edit: I actually don't even use that backpack anymore since my employer gave me a free one that's way better back in December.

Edited by TwoPiece