• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s X-MEN '97 animated series (2023)
4 4

166 posts in this topic

I had forgotten when Carano was posting all the mocking posts on social media Pedro Pascal had tried to help her.

image.png.0b03457f6a802595f8ea9e29b2ffdb40.png

She ignored his suggestions.

On 3/14/2024 at 4:26 PM, fantastic_four said:

Wow, he was there for Roseanne too, so yep, I guess he may have done it to DeMayo as well.  I tried to figure that one out but never could make sense of it--including after hearing her air her side to Marc Maron on his "WTF" podcast.

I'm five times more interested in the DeMayo firing now that it looks like X-Men '97 is better than expected.  :sorry:

Full naked pictures of DeMayo have surfaced apparently from only fans.  Not sure if there is even more, but this has been confirmed.  

Watched the first two episodes last night.

Great start! Really enjoyed both episodes

Loved the characters and their arcs. Good mix of action and character development scenes. Loved small little cameos of characters that I got to mention/explain to my son.

I always enjoy the simplicity of the team hanging out together playing basketball or similar activities in their down time. Glad they put scenes like that in.

I really enjoyed how they treated Cyclops better then he has been for years! Finally!

I watched it last night and I really enjoyed it.  Definitely hit a lot of nostalgia and truly does feel like a continuation of the original series.  I can already see they are laying the ground work for a lot of future character development for hopefully multiple seasons. 

Loved it.  They better have had a good reason for firing the guy behind this.  :sumo:

Edited by fantastic_four

On 3/24/2024 at 5:21 AM, fantastic_four said:

Loved it.  They better have had a good reason for hiring the guy behind this.  :sumo:

Have not watched yet, but hearing good things makes me happy.  The best that is out there so far pertaining to the firing is he has inappropriate photos which have surfaced from his Only Fans account. The other item that has been put out there is he is "very hard to work with," and this is the narrative of why he was let go from the Witcher. Granted why he was apparently unpopular on the Witcher is he was being very critical how far the show was straying from the source material. 

Marvel Studios animated series
Titan29: Are The Incredible Hulk/Iron Man/The Fantastic Four going to share a continuity with X-Men/Spider-Man again in X-Men ’97?

Alex: There have been discussions about exploring a Marvel 90s animated universe, which would most likely be explored through X-Men ’97 at this time. There is potential for more projects to be developed within this universe, the most likely candidate being a sequel series to Spider-Man: The Animated Series, but this is still very early in development as an idea being tossed around.

Pr0tato: In regards to rumors pertaining to Storm appearing in What If…? Season 3 (Provided by CanWeGetSomeToast), do you have any information into how that exactly will work considering that X-Men ’97 is not (currently) connected to the MCU in any way, shape or form and I assume our proper introduction of X-Men and mutantkind will likely be coming in Deadpool & Wolverine?

Alex: You are correct in stating that the main MCU timeline is not connected to X-Men ’97 , but they do exist “within the MCU” as part of the larger Multiverse. I have no information regarding Storm being in What If…? Season 3. As for the introduction of X-Men and mutant-kind, it’s already been introduced in the main MCU continuity with characters like Ms. Marvel and Namor, and they will continue to build it up as such.

Peacemaker: Is there any talk for Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes revival, by any chance, nowadays?

Alex: Anything is possible, but nothing of the sort has been discussed yet.

Crazy Eddie's (huge 1980's brand name)? Mister Sinister (1986)? References to X-Men #134 (1980). 

Such a solid episode loaded with nostalgia.