• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,947 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I sat next to his kids at the live auction, and they applauded when the hammer came down

ofc they did

:flipbait:

Edited by Gotham Kid

9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Another question is will this crack $100K :screwy: on the next go round or will sanity come back into play as it dips back down to the $50K $40K mark:

Modern Age (1980-Present):Alternative/Underground, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (Mirage Studios, 1984) CGC...

Fixed

14 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

That conserved designation is basically like unrestored.  Someone is gonna get a bargain

Not if a couple buyers thinking about get the staples replaced with same era ones...

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

if undetected by CGC, yes

it's a gamble ofc, but one that could pay off in a BIG way

Oh, I see. Yes, that would be a big payoff.

This scan is low res and I haven’t had time to look at the original, but it appears as though the staple entry points thru the paper show tell tale cover fade.  

4 hours ago, Mmehdy said:
9 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

if undetected by CGC, yes

it's a gamble ofc, but one that could pay off in a BIG way

agreed

Are the 2 of your trying to encourage potential fraudulent activity on the boards here?  (tsk)

Send both the book and loose staples to Matt and ask him for his professional opinion (while wearing his CCS hat) as to whether the boys at CCS are qualified enough to do this type of work and be able to get it by without detection from those darn CGC graders.  lol

3 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Pardon me is this has already been discussed, but isn’t there an unusual history for the San Fran copy of Captain America #1?

I think so.  There was a thread that was started on this 9.4 copy.

8 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Pardon me is this has already been discussed, but isn’t there an unusual history for the San Fran copy of Captain America #1?

This book has a fascinating history. Bob Beerbohm first saw it at a convention when another collector managed to buy all the San Francisco timely prior to him seeing them. He found out that that collector was paying 25% of retail which made Bob recognize that he could pay even less than that at times. This set him out on a career path where he dedicated himself every day striving to rip people off in greater and greater ways.  Ultimately culminating in a career where he takes great pride and being able to rip off children, widows, and any other downtrodden folk.

Edited by buttock

15 minutes ago, buttock said:

This book has a fascinating history. Bob Beerbohm first saw it at a convention when another collector managed to buy all the San Francisco timely prior to him seeing them. He found out that that collector was paying 25% of retail which made Bob recognize that he could pay even less than that at times. This set him out on a career path where he dedicated himself every day striving to rip people off in greater and greater ways.  Ultimately culminating in a career where he takes great pride and being able to rip off children, widows, and any other downtrodden folk.

wow. real a-hole.