• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,947 posts in this topic

The AC15 and 23 I had in the auction ended up about where I expected them to ($13,200 each). There are a few books I have ending tomorow that seem criminally low right now (AC 18, 33, and 34), but I assume that will sort itself out...

On 4/8/2022 at 12:45 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Still a solid price.

Sadly the vast majority bidders are ever more cover-centric. I think the front cover alone ( if one would come to auction ) would sell for 100-150k or more.

I think it should have been 100k alone. Just selling it page by page is more than 100k. Someone got a good deal

On 4/8/2022 at 1:02 PM, zen514 said:

I think it should have been 100k alone. Just selling it page by page is more than 100k. Someone got a good deal

agree. Wouldn't be surprised at all if you look at this in a couple of weeks and see someone has used the Make an Offer feature and it hits 6 figures.

On 4/8/2022 at 11:02 AM, zen514 said:

Wonder what the total take will be when the pages are sold individually hm

On 4/8/2022 at 3:20 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I thought money would start to run dry, but no sign of that

2C757C3A-D484-44DF-84B1-F04463D0514E.jpeg

Didn't an 8.0 just sell for right around $20K on CConnect? I would have expected this one to be in the same ballpark. The seller must be pleased as punch.

Wasn't surprise at all at the ending price of the Tec 27 coverless. That's around the estimate I placed it in. The light tan pages may have hurt it from selling even higher, but no front cover is the key. 

As Gotham said, the hobby has a lot to do with having the front cover at least. 

On 4/8/2022 at 12:58 PM, SuperBird said:

The AC15 and 23 I had in the auction ended up about where I expected them to ($13,200 each). There are a few books I have ending tomorow that seem criminally low right now (AC 18, 33, and 34), but I assume that will sort itself out...

Matt, you still have more GA Actions on deck, right? When do the rest roll out?

On 4/8/2022 at 10:21 AM, batman_fan said:

Well the three Batman pages last sold for about $45K combined, maybe more now though. The centerfold on Comicconnect has a standing offer of $14K. I would know because I made the offer when I was trying to buy it a year or so ago lol. Unfortunately seller wouldn’t accept. Was trying to complete my copy at the time. Assuming seller would have accepted that puts the 3 bat pages and centerfold at approximately $60K. Last I saw, standard Tec 27 non Batman pages were selling for about $1200-$1500 on eBay. How many pages is it when you take away the centerfold and Batman pages? I think 33 right, is it 36 pages total or 32? But please correct me if I’m wrong on that. So let’s say on the low end that’s 33 times $1200 or roughly $40K. When you add all that up, it’s about $100K. So imop, seems like you could do much better selling page by page then what that complete copy went for. But maybe the page quality affected it like Dark Knight said.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 4/7/2022 at 11:32 AM, arexcrooke said:
On 4/6/2022 at 3:19 PM, tth2 said:

Hi Arex! :hi:

I just meant selling such a major GA book on eBay--which seems to be such a backwater now--instead of one of the Big 3 auction houses.

But if this is not your book and you're not calling the shots, then never mind. :foryou:

No worries Tim. I figured that was what you meant. But like you noted the consignor determines and I just follow instructions :foryou: 

@arexcrooke

I have a buyer for you for a done deal. Check your PMs

per Heritage:

An impressive preview from our May 12 "The Palos Verdes Collection Showcase Event" which features a whole lot of incredible Superman & Batman books

image.png.f453029b8c43bcd30552a768579e0322.png

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 4/8/2022 at 3:33 PM, Gotham Kid said:

per Heritage:

An impressive preview from our May 12 "The Palos Verdes Collection Showcase Event" which features a whole lot of incredible Superman & Batman books

That staple rust though :cry: 

On 4/8/2022 at 4:33 PM, Gotham Kid said:

per Heritage:

Is there a link to more info on the collection?

On 4/8/2022 at 1:21 PM, batman_fan said:

I really hope that doesn't happen.

On 4/8/2022 at 11:33 PM, Gotham Kid said:

per Heritage:

Incredible the amount of quality stuff Heritage turns over, not to mention Clink and Connect. 

I often wonder how much the market can bear, considering the volume. No such thing as overkill these days I guess.