• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,890 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2022 at 8:08 PM, Dark Knight said:
On 4/7/2022 at 8:00 PM, Gotham Kid said:

Tec 33 8.0 sold for $192,000

Oh the pain ! LOLOLOL  :roflmao:

Same copy that Bob S sold recently.. I think it sold for $200k+?

tec338.0.thumb.JPG.46850dc8d3eb613213fdd1593c147c4b.JPG

The FLIP that went FLOP ! lol

Edited by Gotham Kid

The auctioneer did the Tec 33 seller no favors. He mentioned the origin of Batman only once--about 3/4 of the way thru the auction, and when he said the word "origin" his face was so far from the microphone that you could barely hear it. If I were the seller, I'd be demanding some or all of my fees back!

On 4/7/2022 at 2:45 PM, Gotham Kid said:

What !?

Anyone bidding on a Detective 33 and NOT knowing it contains Batman's origin story, should refrain from bidding on it in the first place.

If I consign a book to an auction house, I expect them to "sell" the book for me. That is what their fees are for. The main selling point of a Tec 33 is the origin story. Yes, bidders know the story is there, but stressing the point can help increase the bidding war that occurs each auction. On several occasions today, the auctioneer made comments that extended an auction that was winding down. One example--one of the Avengers pages was about to close when the auctioneer said the page contained the first appearance of Jarvis, and this started a new round of bidding.

On 4/7/2022 at 11:50 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Cap 1 9.4 @ $3,120,000.00

It was just a matter of time.....the secret is out......I expected at a minimum 2.5m but 3.1 puts this book in a different level, wonder if there are any owners of Cap 1 still pricing it at the "old" price after this or not knowing about this significant price breaking sale....watch the main stream pick this up and watch 2-10  prices feel the effects of this great sale.

Edited by Mmehdy