• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,896 posts in this topic

On 4/8/2022 at 4:54 PM, goldust40 said:

Incredible the amount of quality stuff Heritage turns over, not to mention Clink and Connect. 

I often wonder how much the market can bear, considering the volume. No such thing as overkill these days I guess. 

It would appear the market can bear more then enough. For decades now.

On 4/9/2022 at 1:11 AM, Crowzilla said:
On 4/9/2022 at 1:02 AM, zen514 said:

I think it should have been 100k alone. Just selling it page by page is more than 100k. Someone got a good deal

agree. Wouldn't be surprised at all if you look at this in a couple of weeks and see someone has used the Make an Offer feature and it hits 6 figures.

I'm really surprised that all you smart arbitrageurs out there let this slip through!

On 4/8/2022 at 6:54 PM, goldust40 said:

Incredible the amount of quality stuff Heritage turns over, not to mention Clink and Connect. 

I often wonder how much the market can bear, considering the volume. No such thing as overkill these days I guess. 

Until it's a bear market, ...quite a lot.  The demand is clearly dwarfing the supply at all grade points.

On 4/8/2022 at 11:25 PM, tth2 said:

Then how do you explain the slabbed page phenomenon?  

Collectors pay the most for what they can see.  Usually, that's the cover, but when you slab the page, it's the page.

Also, collector mania for keys. :p

On 4/8/2022 at 10:25 PM, tth2 said:
On 4/8/2022 at 4:07 PM, Dark Knight said:

As Gotham said, the hobby has a lot to do with having the front cover at least. 

Then how do you explain the slabbed page phenomenon?  

You are both right. Covers are everything and so are individual pages, both for different reasons. From a cover we can use our imagination for what treasured adventures lay within, which is usually - let’s face it - far better than what actually awaits within. But some story points are so iconic that I wanna see the real moment rather than rely on my imagination. Like first Batman. First Superman. First Joker. First Catwoman. Now I am not advocating pulling a book apart, like the Tec 27 we are discussing. The thought of that is upsetting, like realizing that hamburger I’m eating used to be that cow outside 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 4/9/2022 at 6:06 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

You are both right. Covers are everything and so are individual pages, both for different reasons. From a cover we can use our imagination for what treasured adventures lay within, which is usually - let’s face it - far better than what actually awaits within. But some story points are so iconic that I wanna see the real moment rather than rely on my imagination. Like first Batman. First Superman. First Joker. First Catwoman. Now I am not advocating pulling a book apart, like the Tec 27 we are discussing. The thought of that is upsetting, like realizing that hamburger I’m eating used to be that cow outside 

Its unfortunate but with the market is for someone looking at solely a business aspect separate it and  sell it page by page. Like you said selling hamburgers.

I liked that it was complete and unrestored all it was  missing was the cover then it could have been a 500k book

On 4/8/2022 at 11:24 PM, tth2 said:

I'm really surprised that all you smart arbitrageurs out there let this slip through!

Didnt think it would be that low🤷🏻‍♂️

I was also at work. So didnt see it live. If so might have bid. But then i would have to let go some of my other funny books😕

So 80k for the win lol

Well I wonder how much would have the winner bid up🤔

On 4/9/2022 at 6:06 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Now I am not advocating pulling a book apart, like the Tec 27 we are discussing. The thought of that is upsetting, like realizing that hamburger I’m eating used to be that cow outside

Well, if the break-up value of an asset is greater than the asset together, it tends to get broken up.  Which, I agree, is a really horrible thought. 

On 4/9/2022 at 7:26 AM, tth2 said:

Well, if the break-up value of an asset is greater than the asset together, it tends to get broken up.  Which, I agree, is a really horrible thought. 

The time and cost to slab each individual page wouldn't make it worth it in my opinion.

On 4/9/2022 at 8:33 PM, Chicago Boy said:

The time and cost to slab each individual page wouldn't make it worth it in my opinion.

That raises an interesting point, which is what is the point of even slabbing an individual page?  Grade is irrelevant, and restoration is also probably not an issue.  So what are you really paying for?  An authenticity check?

What would be the price difference between a slabbed single page and unslabbed single page?

On 4/9/2022 at 9:15 AM, tth2 said:

That raises an interesting point, which is what is the point of even slabbing an individual page?  Grade is irrelevant, and restoration is also probably not an issue.  So what are you really paying for?  An authenticity check?

What would be the price difference between a slabbed single page and unslabbed single page?

As a buyer authenticity would be the reason for me.

On 4/9/2022 at 11:21 AM, skypinkblu said:

I guess I haven't won anything on Heritage in a few months. 

Did they stop sending emails telling you that you won? I've looked in Spam, nothing there, either.

Hmm, it sounds like an error of some kind; they are not shy with the emails. I get emails almost every day from them.  

On 4/9/2022 at 12:02 PM, Point Five said:

Hmm, it sounds like an error of some kind; they are not shy with the emails. I get emails almost every day from them.  

Thanks, maybe I hit spam by accident once...although I've been doing that with a few stores every day and it does not work. I'll contact them.