• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

This may be off topic, but did Heritage change the times for its Saturday sessions? I swear that I've bought books from Saturday auctions fairly early in the day, but during the last set of auctions, the lots that I was interested in putting (low-ball) bids on were all starting too late in the day for me to be able to participate.

48 minutes ago, szav said:

Looks like the price in the last auction might not be a fluke after all.  

It's nuts.  I just don't understand paying so much for a book that's plentiful in grade, particularly at these prices.

2 hours ago, tth2 said:
5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Batman 251 OA already at 162K

OA bidders follow a very different strategy than comic bidders.

300K and not even a full day has gone by... wow !

My bet is it will beat the GL 76 OA price.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, tth2 said:
3 hours ago, szav said:

Looks like the price in the last auction might not be a fluke after all.  

It's nuts.  I just don't understand paying so much for a book that's plentiful in grade, particularly at these prices.

This. :screwy:

Although I don't expect this one to sell for 90K like the last one, if it does I might have to be hospitalized.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:

This. :screwy:

Although I don't expect this one to sell for 100K like the last one. If it does, I might have to be hospitalized.

I wish we knew who the winning bidder and underbidder were. Paying $90K for a scarce collectible seems routine, but paying that much for such a common book seems bizarre. The buyer had to be somebody with money to burn, someone who is bipolar and was in a manic phase, or someone who owns a long box of the things and wanted to manipulate the market.

It’s the best comic book of the last 40 years people!  (90 was nuts yesbut let’s not confuse price and quality).   I think 50+ is a lock but it’s hard to imagine it getting 90 again this time around.   Then again last I checked another turtlemania gold was at 50k or something before auctions end and if you want to talk about stupid tmnt results, that’s the one to obsess over as it is a meaningless book that has only variant scarcity going for it.

Edited by Bronty

2 hours ago, Bronty said:

It’s the best comic book of the last 40 years people!  (90 was nuts yesbut let’s not confuse price and quality).   I think 50+ is a lock

It could be the best comic in history, but $90k or $50k are both nuts.  It's not that hard to find in 9.8.  

If you miss one, just wait and another one will come up for sale.