• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,942 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2023 at 10:26 PM, szav said:

Sorry, this is technically comic book related unoriginal art.

Masterpiece.jpg

I've always like the comic book original version much better than Lichtenstien's pop art version of the same image, but just couldn't find it. (thumbsu

On 6/22/2023 at 12:51 AM, lou_fine said:

Not sure if this would qualify, but it sure makes Frazetta's art look like chump change price wise when you have Lichtenstein's "Masterpiece" sell  for a rather astounding $165M back in 2017:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Masterpiece (Lichtenstein) - Wikipedia

All I can say is that I certainly hope that he gave some kind of kickback to the original comic book artist who had originally drew this image.  :mad:

I think of beautiful masterpieces by incredibly talented artists over the centuries, then I see this guys junk and I want to puke. 

Edited by Professor K
guess you can't say that word

On 6/22/2023 at 12:51 PM, october said:

Ouch on that FF 1 8.5. :eek:

50% or more haircut from all three sales last year. 

I am having trouble gauging the results overall. 

9.2 Captain America #1 at $810,000.  I am going to say pretty high but feel like I have been conditioned to think a high grade key that doesn’t break $1 million is a major loss.

Batman 50, even at almost $30k, still 1/2 what the promise book sold for

Looking forward to seeing the final analysis on the Promise Books 2, electric boog-a-loo

On 6/22/2023 at 2:09 PM, batman_fan said:

I am having trouble gauging the results overall. 

Me too. Was hoping to snag the 4.5 purple Adventure 40, but it's already higher than the 4.0 blue that sold last year and a 7.0 purple from not that long ago. 

These routine sales couldn’t define the current market anymore than they do. It is a buyers market if it ever was one and feels like scared money making these buys. I keep reading a recession is potentially around the corner, and so who the hell is going to spend the kind of money they were spending 2-3 years ago in the current market. Just makes me wonder if we still haven’t even hit the floor yet. My gut tells me though that whatever you buy now will be worth it at some point in the future.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 6/22/2023 at 12:38 PM, Dark Knight said:

I think so far, these sales are more rational and is an indicator that these are what prices should've been like in the first place without all the pumpers, flippers, etc.  Getting back to reality practially!

No that makes sense. Crypto bros, sports card flippers, people with PPP excess money. Whatever it was they all seem to have moved on 🤣