• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

It is really shaping up to be a great auction.

10 minutes ago, DRNemesis said:

Is this the best avenue to sell books.  I have quite a few GA comics that I plan on selling over the next year or so.  I am close to retirement and would like to try to maximize any profit I can from my collection. 

:popcorn: 

11 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:
21 minutes ago, DRNemesis said:

Is this the best avenue to sell books.  I have quite a few GA comics that I plan on selling over the next year or so.  I am close to retirement and would like to try to maximize any profit I can from my collection. 

:popcorn: 

42 PMs in the last 10 min

12 minutes ago, DRNemesis said:

I had most of my collection graded by a competitor company years ago because they were cheaper so don't know if I can sell them on this website.   Here is a list of what I have with unprofessionally graded books in parenthesis my grade. 

No, you cannot. I am sure there are boardies that can help you with a rough value of the books listed and give you proper guidance.

@Ricksneatstuff

Also, take note of the envelope top right corner of your page. More than likely you have received a few private messages.

Best of luck !

Edited by Gotham Kid

Oh yes, the sharks definitely smell blood, LOL!  There would be three options that I can think of.

1. eBay; 10% + 2.9% in fees, no worries about who graded it.

2.  Heritage; 20% to you and same to the buyer.  Again, NP with the grading company.

3.  Here, but you would have to de-slab the books.  No fee of any kind if you accepted mailed payment, or 2.9% for PayPal.

The decision might be, would you come out farther ahead by de-slabbing and selling raw with no fee, or using an auction site that will take a percentage.  You have enough books that you could test each of the waters with a few to start with.

2 hours ago, fifties said:

Oh yes, the sharks definitely smell blood, LOL!  There would be three options that I can think of.

2.  Heritage; 20% to you and same to the buyer.  Again, NP with the grading company.

3.  Here, but you would have to de-slab the books.  No fee of any kind if you accepted mailed payment, or 2.9% for PayPal.

The decision might be, would you come out farther ahead by de-slabbing and selling raw with no fee, or using an auction site that will take a percentage.  You have enough books that you could test each of the waters with a few to start with.

With the books he listed I would think he could negotiate a better deal with Heritage on sellers fees.

4 hours ago, fifties said:

I would like to thank all who have responded to my question.  I am considering selling the collection as a whole and am looking at all the auction websites and will consider what offers I get and take the best one. I don't want to go through the hassle of taking out all my books from the graded cases as I would be afraid of damaging them so will leave that up to ever gets the books. Just as a side note I did take my collection into a local comic book store who offered me $3000.  I promptly left with my books in tow.  I may be old but I am not feeble minded.  

11 minutes ago, DRNemesis said:

Just as a side note I did take my collection into a local comic book store who offered me $3000.  I promptly left with my books in tow.  I may be old but I am not feeble minded.  

Seriously ? :eek:

Just your Captain America Comics 3 5.5 alone is probably worth 50K+ (if it is an unrestored copy)

https://reececomics.com/product/captain-america-comics-3-cgc-5-0-cr-ow-pages/

Edited by Gotham Kid

11 minutes ago, DRNemesis said:

I would like to thank all who have responded to my question.  I am considering selling the collection as a whole and am looking at all the auction websites and will consider what offers I get and take the best one. I don't want to go through the hassle of taking out all my books from the graded cases as I would be afraid of damaging them so will leave that up to ever gets the books. Just as a side note I did take my collection into a local comic book store who offered me $3000.  I promptly left with my books in tow.  I may be old but I am not feeble minded.  

Calling Dr. Bedrock!

13 minutes ago, DRNemesis said:

What store?  (So we can run him out of the business.). Total creep looking to take advantage. 

Edited by MustEatBrains

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:
1 hour ago, DRNemesis said:

Just as a side note I did take my collection into a local comic book store who offered me $3000.  I promptly left with my books in tow.  I may be old but I am not feeble minded.  

Seriously ? :eek:

Just your Captain America Comics 3 5.5 alone is probably worth 50K+ (if it is an unrestored copy)

https://reececomics.com/product/captain-america-comics-3-cgc-5-0-cr-ow-pages/

Heck, even if it's in RESTORED CGC 5.5 graded condition, a book like Cap 3 would still bring $24K in an open auction:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/captain-america-comics-3-timely-1941-cgc-apparent-fn-55-slight-b-1-cream-to-off-white-pages/a/7212-92066.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Looks like he was trying to offer you even less than half of condition guide of $6,500 for this one book alone with his $3K offer.  (tsk)  :censored: