• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

That is incorrect. It is 20% buyers premium at Heritage.

If you look at his post, six up, you'll see that he did acknowledge 20% BP, and his 10% was in reference to the sellers commission, but I'm still not sure that that's correct.

Maybe we can get Ricksneatstuff in here to advise as to the actual sellers commission is for comic books.

1 hour ago, buttock said:
2 hours ago, fifties said:

I've never sold there, but my understanding was that they charged the seller 20%, and charged the buyer another 20%.  Please correct if that seller percentage is not the case.  And yes, I've bought a number of times from their Sunday auctions.  Just finished paying for a lot of 16 EC's, in fact, won this last Sunday.

Nope.  10% of the bid price. 

I thought the standard SP at Heritage was 15% of the hammer price?  (shrug)

But as many board members have stated here, it is really very much dependent on the quality of your consignment and how well you are able to negotiate both your SP and BP fees back down.  Definitely a task that I would not enjoy partaking in as it reminds me of the old days when you have to go into a automobile lot and negotiate for the price of your car.  :p  :frustrated:

Edited by lou_fine

I’ve been asked by a couple people to clarify fees from Heritage.  Here is an excerpt from another thread on the topic. 

I am probably a little biased, now that I am working with Heritage as an independent consultant, but I had bought and sold with them for several years before that and those experiences informed my decision to work with them. Here are some answers to your questions in italics.:foryou:

*   Buyer's premium is 18%? It is 20%.
  *   Seller's premium is 15%? Negotiable?  It’s 15%. The fees can be negotiable for consignments of CGC comics, and at the high end for consignments of comics and comic art we certainly match the best terms offered by any competitor. Please feel free to send me information on consignments and we can discuss.
  *   Books/items to be placed in an upcoming auction need to be shipped to Heritage before contract/agreement is signed? Contract is signed then books are shipped. The advance agreement is typically signed after the receipt of books.
  *   Does seller have any say in how the books/items will be listed? (i.e. as a lot, individual, etc.?) Yes, and we email you previews before the auction even posts, so you can help us correct any mistakes.
  *   Any other hidden fees? Only grading fees if applicable.
  *   Differences for Canadians submitting? (I'm hoping not, but if there are Canuckles who have consigned and are willing to share their experiences, I'd appreciate it) Not that I am aware of, only local taxes, if any, as far as I know. Exporting from Canada typically isn’t difficult, and many Canadians consign significant collections to us routinely.
  *   If books/items sell, length of time before payment is received? Payment is made 45 days from the date of auction. Early settlements can often be arranged, especially for repeat consignors.
  *   Positive/negative overall experience? My experience with Heritage as a consignor and now as someone who works for them and takes consignments has been excellent.  They offer excellent interest free advances, have the best website that generates by far the most bidders and give care and attention to every item in my experience.
  *   Anything else I need to know that is not above? If you are not already working with a consignment director at Heritage feel free to contact me.  I can help you. I do not get any commission on your consignment. I just work with Heritage to bring comics and comic related items to auction and to direct sale through Heritage ComicMarket.

13 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

have the best website that generates by far the most bidders 

Will you guys at Heritage be hiring the same programmers to redesign your website once they finish massacuring "knocking it out of the ball park" for CC, so that your loyal and faithful customers can also get to enjoy "the best experience possible"?  lol  :facepalm:

Edited by lou_fine

14 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Will you guys at Heritage be hiring the same programmers to redesign your website once they finish massacuring "knocking it out of the ball park" for CC, so that your loyal and faithful customers can also get to enjoy "the best experience possible"?  lol  :facepalm:

Whatever you think of their fees, HA's site interface is the gold standard and leaves CC and CL in the dust. Just a pleasure to browse, and has certainly nudged me into some impulse buys over the years. :)

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Heritage Tec 31

now (with tape)

21936627%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

before (sans tape)

det1.15795a.jpg

I'm deleting my previous post, because I now see I misunderstood the order of things here.  But this boggles my mind.  CGC not only acquiesced to the adding of tape to attach a cover, they actually encouraged it by awarding a grade bump.  I had previously understood the only way a book with tape got a blue label was if the tape was old.  That's clearly not the case here.

No words 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

3 hours ago, Point Five said:

Whatever you think of their fees, HA's site interface is the gold standard and leaves CC and CL in the dust. Just a pleasure to browse, and has certainly nudged me into some impulse buys over the years. :)

Totally agree. The ease of functionality recently allowed me to win three books in a Sunday Night auction bidding on my phone while sitting on my brother-in-law's patio on a Monday morning in Saigon. 

20 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

You are a wild man Mr. Bedrock

Someone has to be.

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Heritage Tec 31

now (with tape)

21936627%5D&call=url%5Bfile:product.chai

before (sans tape)

det1.15795a.jpg

So tape still bumps the number in the corner in a way to make it advantageous to add tape. Really glad to see CGC resolved this issue. 
i still maintain tape should be called restoration. Archival tape is professional. Non archival is amateur. 

Edited by batman_fan

3 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

So tape still bumps the number in the corner in a way to make it advantageous to add tape. Really glad to see CGC resolved this issue. 

Grade Date: 12/16/2019

7 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Maybe the addition of tape didn't have anything to do with the grade bump.

Yep, book was obviously cleaned and the color chips at the top left of the cover above "No." seem to have moved. :eyeroll:

Edited by drbanner