• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, batman_fan said:
6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Agree. Guns blazing then nothing until the end.

I am just praying the two items I am interested don't end up costing me a ton :cry:

Punishment bids have been set. :devil:

There’s a lot of awesome books in this auction. This pedigree 2nd highest graded Special Edition Comics 1 CGC 9.6 definitely stands out.

But what’s most perplexing to me is this 1st Edition Pokémon Box, $250K and lots of time, what the what???!!!!

0C69D5FD-DC92-42A6-A83E-2791148AA25B.jpeg

22C7480F-B076-47ED-B085-3014E3898D6D.jpeg

MY top 5 and let me preference this by saying that my top top choice will remain  a secret as a new GA board member is bidding on it, new GA collector...lets let him win this one.

1-"Jetta" original art page 1 # 7...classic Dan DeCarlo...classic SF 50's art page, the hardcover Jetta book is one of my Favs...very undervalued page, this only went 3 issues..they are all classic reads, it at like $750.

2-Special Edition #1 Captain Marvel....Pedigree copy 9.6..in the early days of collecting this blew away Captain Marvel #1 as it appeared  much earlier ..over  the years this forgotten KEY book as been ignored and neglected...a great copy...undervalued and will boot strap up in value in the next big  Whiz#2  sale....best $ buy in the entire auction given the exceptional condition and pedigree only.

3-Sparkler  comics #9 MH white pages 9.6...what a great book and cover...even if you went back in a time machine, I don't think you could buy a better copy. exceptional. 

4-Air Fighter comics v2 #7...classic over, this is MH pedigree and 9.4...I just always like this book and the cover...and this condition you can see why this beats all the other copies by a mile

5-For you early GA collectors I like Funny pages # 10 7.5 and looks like 8,0 minimum 1937...rare....forgotten in this auction..currently at 360..with a guide of say 1000....a steal at say $500-600

Edited by Mmehdy

13 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

About the auction you're right , some awesome books. Got 91 in my watchlist. Can't buy or sell anymore this year too bad for me. But its one of the best auctions I can remember. 

So glad you posted that link. I was wondering what the Alfred Pennyworth collection was. Now there is an example of someone doing it right. Well written article too. I had never heard about the theft. 

They kept the reader in suspense about whether or not he got his books back.  That Comic store owner in Arizona was a stand up guy for sure. 

23 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

About the auction you're right , some awesome books. Got 91 in my watchlist. Can't buy or sell anymore this year too bad for me. But its one of the best auctions I can remember. 

So glad you posted that link. I was wondering what the Alfred Pennyworth collection was. Now there is an example of someone doing it right. Well written article too. I had never heard about the theft. 

They kept the reader in suspense about whether or not he got his books back.  That Comic store owner in Arizona was a stand up guy for sure. 

No prob and yeah some amazing books! I can’t wait to see what this finishes at.

CB1F1F52-F22C-412F-B376-7BC2332312CD.jpeg

yeah I didn't see it got that high. Very good chance it gets left alone from here on. Seems pretty high but who knows these days. Plus there are so few. I thought there was more than 3 9.8's. Just looked up Tec 359 , only 4 9.8's. Compared to Silver Marvels there are a lot less DC 9.8's. I learn something new every day around here.

Edited by Professor Chaos