• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

wow ! :whatthe:

Yep. I was daydreaming that I had a shot at it. I was quickly blown out of the water.

The buyer will be in great shape if Mickey ever gets a movie or TV show! :insane:

1 minute ago, Dark Knight said:

Terrific 5 CGC 8.0 for $32k, did very well I thought.  I used to own an 8.5 copy :sorry:

Yeah, that book has certainly zoomed into the zoomosphere. One of those books where anybody who thought they overpaid for a copy a few years ago didn't.

12 minutes ago, Primetime said:

It never bothered me when I owned it. 

Because I owned 2 other 5.0 at the time, the dust shadow bothered me when compared to the other 2 copies. But on its own it was structurally the best of the 3

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Tec 29 5.0 78K

23015730%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

Tec 31 5.0 132K

22946330%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

I was watching the auctioneer when these were happening. He seemed a little surprised the 29 didn't go higher. It did finish a little light compared to the past few of similar grade. 

I don't really understand why the 31 sells for more than the 29, and quite a bit more. Is it mainly because of the cover art?

12 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

I was watching the auctioneer when these were happening. He seemed a little surprised the 29 didn't go higher. It did finish a little light compared to the past few of similar grade. 

I don't really understand why the 31 sells for more than the 29, and quite a bit more. Is it mainly because of the cover art?

I would say yes it’s because of the cover art. It seems collectors like this cover better than the #29 hence the valuation difference in the current market. I agree the #29 should be nearly side to side but within the last 8 years or so the demand for the #31 has taken an upward trend greater than the #29. 

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

Because I owned 2 other 5.0 at the time, the dust shadow bothered me when compared to the other 2 copies. But on its own it was structurally the best of the 3

Yup, and my current copy is blue cowl with no dust shadow and I’m good without the dust stripe.