• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age DCs

49 posts in this topic

Good gawd awmighty, what are ye trying to make us do Ian, puke blood!?

Seriously, though, amazing stuff. Your collection is definitely up there with Geppi and the dentist, as far as I'm concerned. I know some of the jealous types needle your collection because of the grades/resto/etc., but if I could take a pic like that one, well, I think I"d just have to give up collecting comics forever. Where else is there to go!?!?

Just jaw-dropping. thumbsup2.gif

There are other pics now up in the main General Comics section, in the thread "The DC Collection Is Complete", but I felt this one particular pic belongs in here...

dc3.jpg

Amazing! hail.gif

I love the Detective #'s 29 and 31!

There are other pics now up in the main General Comics section, in the thread "The DC Collection Is Complete", but I felt this one particular pic belongs in here...

dc3.jpg

Spectacular....

Bravo Ian... Bravo!

I don't recall ever seeing the Double Action next to the Det #38. Ian, could you post a close up of that one. How many copies of that exist? Did that issue come first or the one next to it?

that's ye olde Double Action 1...iirc, Ian had a fellow make a colour cover for his copy, since the original had a b&w cover

Ian, that is simply awesome; congratulations! I'm surprised that you didn't include the elusive New Adventure 26 in the photo.

It's in the bigger image that shows all 91 books. hail.gif

dc1.jpg

Very cool - really puts Ian's accomplishment in perspective! It also a reminder that you can't overestimate the importance of DC in the history of comics.

Ian - how hard was it to find a copy of "Defending your Home"? - IIRC you were unaware of it until fairly recently.