• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age DCs

49 posts in this topic

Ian,

Someone should start a personal photo thread where each collector on the boards gets to take one photo in front of their favorite ...say...10 comics.... and post them up with big smiles. I'm at work, so I cant do that now, but you could start the thread with your photo and let the barrage begin.

Can I take a camera into the bank vault with me? I can have the bank manager stand in for the pictures with my books. Otherwise, I can just superimpose myself onto the scans I've already taken and stored on my computer. I know it's a little less dramatic, but what the heck. frown.gif

Ian,

Congrats on your amazing achievement. The photos are priceless.

Someone should start a personal photo thread where each collector on the boards gets to take one photo in front of their favorite ...say...10 comics.... and post them up with big smiles.

I think it should be like when you are on the express line at the supermarket. About 10 items or less! I can think of more than 10 that this board may be interested in. I am sure you guys have the same...

The number 5 was restored by Susan Cicconi to near mint.

It's the highest quality example of a New Fun in the world, remembering that most of them are old tatty and falling apart. You never even see a fine, because the paper was like cheap old newspaper quality.

I know that book, and had several chances to buy it but passed due to the extensive nature of the restoration. It may be the highest quality example of a restored New Fun 5, but it is not the best example extant.

I know that book, and had several chances to buy it but passed due to the extensive nature of the restoration.

As a purely aesthetic work of art, it looks breathtaking, and as pristine as if it rolled off the presses yesterday.

Further reason why I so love restored books.

One day, gentlemen, one day..............

Ian,

Someone should start a personal photo thread where each collector on the boards gets to take one photo in front of their favorite ...say...10 comics.... and post them up with big smiles. I'm at work, so I cant do that now, but you could start the thread with your photo and let the barrage begin.

Maybe the architect could prevent any reply within replies and then we'd have a great retrospective of collectors and their varying tastes for future generations.

Great Job,

Collin

I'm just starting to work on my 10 favorite GA/SA comics. I'll post a pic of them when I own them. wink.gif

Here's an impressive SA collection Stronguy posted last year.

Ian,

Maybe the architect could prevent any reply within replies and then we'd have a great retrospective of collectors and their varying tastes for future generations.

Great Job,

Collin

I'm just starting to work on my 10 favorite GA/SA comics. I'll post a pic of them when I own them. wink.gif

Here's an impressive SA collection Stronguy posted last year.

Good Luck! Looking forward to seeing them!

Good Luck! Looking forward to seeing them!

It'll be a while. 27_laughing.gif

I imagine it would be tough for you to pick just 10 favorites out of your collection.

I don't even try or I would drive myself nuts, though not necessarily for the reason you might think. I love so many different artists and styles that I find it impossible to declare only 10 of them as the "winners."