• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is Spidermans greatest villain?

109 posts in this topic

Green Goblin, for sure. The first one. Before he came back to life or whatever it was that happened. 

Venom has always sucked, and shall always suck, forever and ever, amen.

Greatest is definitely Green Goblin. Most popular is definitely Venom. Although, I would not say any stories involving the two are anywhere near as great as stories involving Spidey and the Green Goblin, be it Norman in the suit or his son. Venom definitely is a continual concern for Spidey which helps push him above other villains in term of how threatening he is.

Kraven deserves a nod for being a formidable foe and challenging foe, as does Hobgoblin, Doc Ock and Kingpin. All other villains were just one and done beat em ups. Nothing wrong with that, they all posed challenges at times, but I feel the 6 I have mentioned are his greatest villains in terms of always there, always pushing and challenging Peter/Spider-Man time and time again.

Edited by comicginger1789

Dennis Carradine (or The Burglar) rocked Spidey's world like no other, save The Goblin, so he's my pick.

If the topic were "Most DANGEROUS..." then I pick The Goblin because he knew Spidey's ID, and I preferred the time when this was a big factor for his character, and Spidey didn't take his mask off every time there is a lull in the battle (I know, that's the MCU).

15 minutes ago, MR SigS said:

Dennis Carradine (or The Burglar) rocked Spidey's world like no other, save The Goblin, so he's my pick.

If the topic were "Most DANGEROUS..." then I pick The Goblin because he knew Spidey's ID, and I preferred the time when this was a big factor for his character, and Spidey didn't take his mask off every time there is a lull in the battle (I know, that's the MCU).

Yeah

Be interesting how the red goblin storyline unfolds.

I like to see both villains and heroes evolve

I mean even Venom turned antihero based on fan popularity so it's cool how we as fans have an impact on writers storylines/arcs

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

He's not amazing or anything, but I wouldn't say he "sucks".

For me personally, he represents everything I hated about 90's comics and the direction Spider-Man went in, so I have a lot of negative associations with the character. He is the big totem of Suck, in my eyes, right up there with Gambit. :shudder:

To be 100% fair, I enjoyed the Remender Venom series with Flash Thompson.

17 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

For me personally, he represents everything I hated about 90's comics and the direction Spider-Man went in, so I have a lot of negative associations with the character. He is the big totem of Suck, in my eyes, right up there with Gambit. :shudder:

:whatthe:

15 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Green Goblin, for sure. The first one. Before he came back to life or whatever it was that happened. 

Venom has always sucked, and shall always suck, forever and ever, amen.

Tell Gobby to carry a (surprisingly) super successful movie on his own!  }:-)

1 minute ago, exitmusicblue said:

Tell Gobby to carry a (surprisingly) super successful movie on his own!  }:-)

I laffed thruout that goofy movie.  I hope Goblin never so humiliates himself.

5 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

Laughter is a gift to man.  I laughed throughout, too.  Esp. when he stepped out of the elevator following the skyscraper climb... priceless. lol

"The gift is the blessing of the giver"

-Paul Muad'Dib Usul Haderach Atreides

Edited by kav

20 hours ago, F For Fake said:

tumblr_njh3fhkLR31rgdjn8o1_400.jpg.4f2f93aeb8ebd38c03fa101ef3011824.jpg

Miss me petite? I reckon so.

14 minutes ago, jason4 said:

tumblr_njh3fhkLR31rgdjn8o1_400.jpg.4f2f93aeb8ebd38c03fa101ef3011824.jpg

Miss me petite? I reckon so.

Giving credit where it's due, that appears to be an amazingly well done cosplay...of the worst character ever created. Kill it with fire!