• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When you don’t know if you should buy it

4 posts in this topic

I came across a dealer today who didn’t know how to price some GA books and I didn’t know what to offer .  I tried to find a thread that would be appropriate for posting this type of problem and then thought I would start one and others  can show books they passed on or are considering as well.  And maybe others can chime in on what they think 

This first one was the real impetus for this thread the rest are just a few other books he had.  I know they aren’t the greatest photos as I didn’t realize I was going to do this when I took them I just took them for my own reference.  The price tags were on the books when the dealer got them in trade

2A3E2AA7-29AC-48D8-AC3F-873A717255AC.jpeg

2DC25200-FEBC-4DC8-BFC2-3E8A7BC14227.jpeg

3CA751A2-6461-4F09-9C88-B112143D6E54.jpeg

7EBFFE32-41F8-40EC-BBB5-6F9D5A0C3A08.jpeg

F46D4E29-BDA2-484E-958C-61234FEE1215.jpeg

222402C2-2020-4B70-829F-FD3040CF9F4A.jpeg

1127640B-1E77-4F08-BB07-49983C5AAEB3.jpeg

Edited by Bird

You just gotta be on your game with GA. Watch the boards, eBay, big auction houses. Some books like those Features are hard sellers. Others like romance and maybe that Crackajack are on the rise. The cover on that Marvel Family makes it a hot seller. 

I just don’t “make offers”. Whatever offer you make is usually turned down and quoted to the next guy. Even if you make a fair or generous offer. A seller needs to know what they need to make on them. 

Unless I want books REAL bad, I will walk from that situation. 

I sent an email to the seller telling him to price the books if he wants me to consider buying them he emailed me back that he would do so but hasn’t done it yet 

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

I sent an email to the seller telling him to price the books if he wants me to consider buying them he emailed me back that he would do so but hasn’t done it yet 

Not sure about some of the grades I see on the labels.  That Feature 112 has rusty staples and I believe an extra staple and large stain - at least I have not see two placed together like that.

I like that you're having him price them first.  Gives you an idea of where you can go but like RM said above some these especially in the condition they are in would be passers for me.