• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,138 posts in this topic

On 12/5/2023 at 9:11 AM, Prince Namor said:

Really, why can't they make more movies like Napoleon?

Columbia Pictures: Napoleon - $200 Million Budget -  ($20 Million Opening) - $45 Million Domestic - in 13 days LOSER

Or real manly, man movies like:

Lions Gate: Expendables - $100 Million Budget -  ($8 Million Opening) - $16 Million Domestic - in 10 weeks LOSER

Paramount Pictures: Mission Impossible - $290 Million Budget -  ($54 Million Opening) - $172 Million Domestic - in 20 weeks LOSER

Paramount Pictures: Transformers - $200 Million Budget -  ($61 Million Opening) - $157 Million Domestic - in 25 weeks LOSER

Paramount Pictures: Dungeons & Dragons - $150 Million Budget -  ($37 Million Opening) - $93 Million Domestic - in 35 weeks LOSER

Universal Pictures: Fast X - $340 Million Budget -  ($67 Million Opening) - $145 Million Domestic - in  28 weeks LOSER

or just stick to what worked the first time:

Warner Brothers: The Flash - $300 Million Budget -  ($55 Million Opening) - $108 Million Domestic - in 24 weeks LOSER

Warner Brothers: Shazam - $125 Million Budget -  ($30 Million Opening) - $57 Million Domestic - in 37 weeks LOSER

Warner Brothers: Meg 2 - $129 Million Budget -  ($30 Million Opening) - $82 Million Domestic - in 17 weeks LOSER

Warner Brothers: Blue Beetle - $120 Million Budget -  ($25 Million Opening) - $72 Million Domestic - in 15 weeks LOSER

How about some Historical Movies:

Paramount Pictures: Killers of the Flower Moon - $200 Million Budget -  ($23 Million Opening) - $66 Million Domestic - in 46 days LOSER

Hmmm... maybe not... guess Disney isn't the only one losing money...

But... but... but...  Don't ALL those movies aimed at non-Males just fail?

Warner Brothers: Barbie - Who was THAT aimed at? $636 Million ($145 Million Budget) WINNER!

Warner Brothers: Taylor Swift - Who was THAT aimed at? $178 Million ($20 Million Budget) WINNER!

Which one did Disney lose more money on?

Walt Disney: Indiana Jones - $294 Million Budget -  ($67 Million Opening) - $174 Million Domestic - in  22 weeks

Walt Disney: Little Mermaid - $300 Million Budget -  ($95 Million Opening) - $298 Million Domestic - in  22 weeks

This is telling. Hollywood's a LOSER   

On 12/9/2023 at 12:40 PM, CAHokie said:

They have learned their lesson by now right? Right?

If they do a gender swap, Silver Surfer? 

The spec is in. Anya Taylor-Joy as the female Norrin Radd: Dr. Candy Goodstroke, sentinel of the spaceways, herald of Galactus.

Edited by aardvark88

On 12/10/2023 at 3:58 PM, Bosco685 said:

What went wrong with Fantastic Four (2015) and what could have been

If AI keeps going the way it has,  it will not be long before you could upload videos like this with the request for it to generate what this film would have looked like and then watch it.  Added bonus to that is you could then have it edit parts you wish were different then generating your own cut of this or any film.

On 12/10/2023 at 3:58 PM, Bosco685 said:

What went wrong with Fantastic Four (2015) and what could have been

this movie was no where as bad as people made it out to be

certainly far more watchable than some recent disney movies

On 12/11/2023 at 7:20 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I have to agree. It was not extreme trash. It's just knowing the backstory of the characters and the comics in general, you recognize the missed opportunities.

Finding out that Trank did not want it to be so linked to the comic books most probably is what caused the wedge between the studio and himself. Just listening to what occurred - if accurate - he was missing the point how worshipped these characters are as icons that helped establish Marvel Comics. It's dangerous to mess too much with such lore.

On 12/12/2023 at 2:20 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Yes it was. Worst thing about that movie is that is so boring. Only maybe Morbius is worst than this. FF I fell sleep after maybe an hour and with Morbius I turned off after 20 minutes.

On 12/11/2023 at 4:31 PM, Bosco685 said:

It's just knowing the backstory of the characters and the comics in general, you recognize the missed opportunities.

Finding out that Trank did not want it to be so linked to the comic books - he was missing the point how worshipped these characters are as icons that helped establish Marvel Comics. It's dangerous to mess too much with such lore.

Decent actor for Mr. Fantastic Reed Richards:

image.png.fb4384a4a4024b56fa8ff571a154c1b0.png

On 12/11/2023 at 7:31 PM, Bosco685 said:

I have to agree. It was not extreme trash. It's just knowing the backstory of the characters and the comics in general, you recognize the missed opportunities.

Finding out that Trank did not want it to be so linked to the comic books most probably is what caused the wedge between the studio and himself. Just listening to what occurred - if accurate - he was missing the point how worshipped these characters are as icons that helped establish Marvel Comics. It's dangerous to mess too much with such lore.

From everything I've read, the root problem to why the movie was a mess was that Fox needed to rush a film out to secure FF rights from reverting and this caused a lot of pressure on the entire project, including reducing time to find solutions to various problems along the way. Most of the other problems seemed to stem out of that time crunch (and yes, I'm aware of the trouble they had in dealing with Trank).

Edited by VintageComics

On 12/13/2023 at 5:42 PM, VintageComics said:

From everything I've read, the root problem to why the movie was a mess was that Fox needed to rush a film out to secure FF rights from reverting and this caused a lot of pressure on the entire project, including reducing time to find solutions to various problems along the way. Most of the other problems seemed to stem out of that time crunch (and yes, I'm aware of the trouble they had in dealing with Trank).

It's a shame as I liked the cast. So this could have been much stronger and impactful.

On 12/13/2023 at 6:05 PM, Bosco685 said:
On 12/13/2023 at 5:42 PM, VintageComics said:

It's a shame as I liked the cast. So this could have been much stronger and impactful.

As I pointed out in another thread too, Disney / Marvel was absolutely trying to kill the Fantastic Four movie franchise by purposefully cancelling the comic book in 2014 just before the release of the Trank movie. 

It's unreal how much was going against that movie, making it nearly impossible to succeed. 

Disney bought Marvel entertainment in 2009 IIRC, so Disney and Marvel worked VERY HARD to destroy the franchise that Fox owned, which probably played directly into Disney buying it from Fox just a few short years after the movie tanked. 

There was, quite literally, a corporate war going on of Biblical proportions over that franchise. 

EDITING THIS IN: I wonder in terms of movie releases if Disney / Marvel had other things happening to work against the FF franchise. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there was even more corporate espionage than we've uncovered in just these few posts that Disney would do, to win back those franchises.

The Black Sabbath lyrics for War Pigs "moving people just like pawns in chess" was never so true. They play with people's lives for profit. 

Mind boggling. 

Edited by VintageComics