• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albedo #2...Oh my lord!

112 posts in this topic

That 5.5 PGX Albedo 2 went for $351? 893whatthe.gif

That's insane...the 9.2 went for $700 in a private deal (and went unsold 3 times for $750!)

I guess that's what happens when you get bid wars...people will pay stupid prices for rare books.

That's insane...the 9.2 went for $700 in a private deal (and went unsold 3 times for $750!)

I guess that's what happens when you get bid wars...people will pay stupid prices for rare books.

That's simply nuts. That's more than than Dan's 7.5 went for in the marketplace! screwy.gif That book is smoking hot! 893whatthe.gif

That's simply nuts. That's more than than Dan's 7.5 went for in the marketplace! screwy.gif That book is smoking hot! 893whatthe.gif

It's kind of lame. I mean I know the book is hot and all (and it's one of my grails) but, c'mon, paying retarded prices for mid-grade moderns (key or not) is just silly.

I'm glad I got mine. What's it going to be in the new Overstreet? I guess $250 for 9.2, no change.

Good score, and yes I am still mad about it. tongue.gif

Hope I made up for it somewhat with those Bats I bought from you. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I'm glad I got mine. What's it going to be in the new Overstreet? I guess $250 for 9.2, no change.

Hope I made up for it somewhat with those Bats I bought from you. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Maybe! cool.gif

Nice Deadman hardcover you have in the marketplace. Interested in a trade? I have a few more Batman books you might like.

I haven't been looking for an Albedo 2 for very long now - is this type of price fluctuation typical for this book?

confused.gif

You need to realize that it is pretty rare and there are a lot of us out there looking for it. If one comes around in a reasonable price range you might see a bid war and it'll go for a hell of a lot more than it ought to.

A 5.5 PGX for $351 is plain stupid. I'm sure the seller was VERY happy. smile.gif

I haven't been looking for an Albedo 2 for very long now - is this type of price fluctuation typical for this book?

confused.gif

I'm not sure if it's typical, you might have better luck getting a reasonably priced copy here, or, you might find someone with a BIN on ebay, after 30 days when the $351 copy is off the searchable results. Maybe a convention too?

slightly sign-offtopic.gif but Overstreet is waaay behing in Albedo #2 and Gi Joe 21 prices as well as a few other books. OS lists a 9.2 Joe 21 at 28.00. So then lets say a 9.4 is "worth" 35.00 according to OS. Ill buy EVERY copy you can find, all day long of that book in 9.4 for $35.00.

confused.gif

I'm not sure if it's typical, you might have better luck getting a reasonably priced copy here, or, you might find someone with a BIN on ebay, after 30 days when the $351 copy is off the searchable results. Maybe a convention too?

I think the 351, while high, isn't as crazy as you might think. I sold a vg copy for $250 or so IIRC a couple years back. It's basically worth 200-300 in any grade vg to vf IMO depending on timing, bidders, etc. Hell, I bet you could sell a g for 150.. There's a market for reading copies of this book.. confused-smiley-013.gif

confused.gif

I think the 351, while high, isn't as crazy as you might think. I sold a vg copy for $250 or so IIRC a couple years back. It's basically worth 200-300 in any grade vg to vf IMO depending on timing, bidders, etc. Hell, I bet you could sell a g for 150.. There's a market for reading copies of this book.. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's sort of crazy don't you think? That a 5.5 could sell for more than a 7.5 on any given day?

Eh, I'm still looking for my VF/NM or NM- copy.

If you think about it in normal terms, yeah. But neither the 5.5 buyer nor the 7.5 really want anything besides a reader, I would wager confused-smiley-013.gif

I don't think it's isolated to this book. Take TMNT1 and similar books as an example. I sold a color touched fn+/vf- TMNT1 (disclosed) for almost as much as an unrestored fn. (Not sure if those grades are totally correct, it's been a while, but the 'apparent' grades were very similar). That shouldn't happen either. confused-smiley-013.gif

confused.gif

That's sort of crazy don't you think? That a 5.5 could sell for more than a 7.5 on any given day?

Eh, I'm still looking for my VF/NM or NM- copy.

I still think that the price that I received was a good price ($340 for a CGC 7.5 White). The PGX 5.5 White pager for $351 is a little out there. Maybe they thought it was undergraded. It did not appear undergraded to me.

Dan

is Usagi Yojimbo really such a popular character that this kind of coin is justified? I find these prices out of whack. The closest comparable book I can think of is Cerebus #1- similar print run, funny animal book. But Cerebus #1 has 300 issues behind it, and only goes for $4-500.

does this mean my Fish Police #1 will soon be worth hundred$, too? smile.gif

is Usagi Yojimbo really such a popular character that this kind of coin is justified? I find these prices out of whack. The closest comparable book I can think of is Cerebus #1- similar print run, funny animal book. But Cerebus #1 has 300 issues behind it, and only goes for $4-500.

does this mean my Fish Police #1 will soon be worth hundred$, too? smile.gif

I'm not sure where you're getting your info...a 9.4 of Cerebus 1 sold for more than $10k. A 9.0 sold for upwards of $2k (if memory serves) and a 7.5 will command in the realm of $750-800.

I'll buy your Cerebus 1 for $500 in NM. smile.gif

I still think that the price that I received was a good price ($340 for a CGC 7.5 White). The PGX 5.5 White pager for $351 is a little out there. Maybe they thought it was undergraded. It did not appear undergraded to me.

Dan

I thought your price was very fair and I'm glad you got it!

If anything that book looked spot on or slightly overgraded. And it was PGX, which makes me even more curious as to its high final price. I think it was simply a bidding war. Who wants a 5.5 PGX modern, no matter which book it is?