• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albedo #2...Oh my lord!

112 posts in this topic

well, you're referring to the Sim file copies. All the others were damaged in shipping, so the best you'll EVER find is a (generous) 7.5.

Most recent sale on eBay of #1 was #1-31 for $355 total, if that's any indication of the FMV of cerebus....

There are copies other than the Sim ones that have received an 8.0 or better, I think?

I can only relate from personal experience. I'd been looking at buying Cerebus #1 for around 10 years (since I bought #53 at age 14). Having seen 1-2 dozen copies in person and on the net, I've never seen one that I would grade higher than 6.5-7.0. Copies in that grade USED to go for over guide.

Based on stories told by Sim, they were all damaged. It was always a sure sign the book was counterfeit if it looked better than Fine.

anyway, back to Usagi- is he REALLY that popular a character to justfy these prices? Do you guys all have all his issues?

and, are there other 'hot 80sBW low print run books' that I should try to dig out of my collection? Adventurers? Samurai? Elflord? Trolls?

anyway, back to Usagi- is he REALLY that popular a character to justfy these prices? Do you guys all have all his issues?

and, are there other 'hot 80sBW low print run books' that I should try to dig out of my collection? Adventurers? Samurai? Elflord? Trolls?

He is that popular, in my opinion. The stories and the artwork are top-notch and Usagi has a decent place in the TMNT mythos.

The only 80s books that are really "hot" are Albedo 2 and TMNT 1, I think. So, I'd not go scouring for those books. Cerebus 1 and Visions 1 (and, to a lesser extent, Flaming Carrot 1) are also hot.

Books like Elflord and the Adventurers, while ok, are still $1 bin books at many conventions.

Just as an aside: Rich Henn's Cerebus 1 (about 7.0-7.5, IMO) is currently at $405.00 on ebay with 5 days to go.

so, basically, all my BW 80s books are worth little.

What about Albedo 0, 3+, and other Usagi books like the color special and all that? Those I have...

Albedo 3 is worth something in high grade, I think...it's pretty rare, too

What about Albedo 0, 3+, and other Usagi books like the color special and all that? Those I have...

Ixnay. 10,000 copies of #3 printed, way up from 2000 #2s.

#4 is the second best "usagi" issue to have as its the second cover, third appearance, and has a back-down-to-earth print run (3-4,000? Can't remember).

Albedo zero is potentially worth some money depending on which version you have. #1 also. Overstreet always made the two different versions of #1 sound like variants, but the bright red is really a 1500 copy reprinting of the original 500 copy dark red. The dark red is pretty desirable IMO. Sigh, the books I used to have sorry.gif

I don't have all the Usagi issues, there are many out there and I don't want to pay full price for them. But I do have the watch, the porcelain statue and some other random stuff. Stan Sakai is great, and it's still being published today.

#4 is the second best "usagi" issue to have as its the second cover, third appearance, and has a back-down-to-earth print run (3-4,000? Can't remember).

Albedo zero is potentially worth some money depending on which version you have. #1 also. Overstreet always made the two different versions of #1 sound like variants, but the bright red is really a 1500 copy reprinting of the original 500 copy dark red. The dark red is pretty desirable IMO. Sigh, the books I used to have sorry.gif

Theres also a copy of #0 that had a print run of 50. Never seen it. probably doesnt exist. confused-smiley-013.gif

Theres also a copy of #0 that had a print run of 50. Never seen it. probably doesnt exist. confused-smiley-013.gif

That's the yellow cover one. It exists. grin.gif

That's the yellow cover one. It exists. grin.gif

It's not really a yellow cover. And that's all I'm going to say about that cool.gif

bumpit.gif

As an market update to everyone, since this sale won't be reflected in GPA...I've agreed to sell my CGC 9.0 White pages Albedo 2 for $1200, shipped. 893whatthe.gif

I love to see the copper age do so well these days. Congrats.