• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Albedo #2...Oh my lord!

112 posts in this topic

$2300 for a Albedo #2 in cgc 9.6 on Ebay a few weeks ago. Is that about FMV?

It might have been listed for $2,300; but did it actually sell? I believe I've seen a HG copy of this book listed in the >$2K range multiple times by the same seller on eBay. Don't believe it has ever actually sold though.

What have ACTUAL sales prices been like on HG copies of this book (i.e. 9.0 or higher) in the past year or so?

Al Stoltz of Basement Comics has one on his wall at Chicago for $400. Probably a VF/NM.

I wonder if it's the same one he has now? confused-smiley-013.gif I saw one listed for $400 but it was closer to a FN/VF

Different one.

$2300 for a Albedo #2 in cgc 9.6 on Ebay a few weeks ago. Is that about FMV?

It might have been listed for $2,300; but did it actually sell? I believe I've seen a HG copy of this book listed in the >$2K range multiple times by the same seller on eBay. Don't believe it has ever actually sold though.

What have ACTUAL sales prices been like on HG copies of this book (i.e. 9.0 or higher) in the past year or so?

gossip.gif The 9.6 sold on eBay to Serpi for $2,275.

At the risk of me not getting the book, what do you think PGX thinks is the first appearance of Usagi Yojimbo?

Albedo #2 the 2nd appearance of Usagi Yojimbo

Dan

27_laughing.gif I wouldnt touch it though that book is NOTORIOUS for color touch and PGX is EVEN MORE NOTORIOUS for not being able to detect color touch - then again at 5.5 confused-smiley-013.gif

At the risk of me not getting the book, what do you think PGX thinks is the first appearance of Usagi Yojimbo?

Dan

27_laughing.gif I wouldnt touch it though that book is NOTORIOUS for color touch and PGX is EVEN MORE NOTORIOUS for not being able to detect color touch - then again at 5.5 confused-smiley-013.gif

Classic misdirection. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I just better not see your name on the winner's circle.

Dan

Hahah ya the passive - aggressive technique. Nope Dan you won't see me in the bidders circle. Jeff Li's copy will be mine one of these days, either through a monetary exchange or a late night pilfering 27_laughing.gif

I do regret selling my copy when it was uber hot in the 80s for a whopping $25 tonofbricks.gif

Dan

Definitely Albedo #1...Albedo 1 had a Yojimbo prototype...most consider Albedo 2 as his first app, tho

Plus Overstreet, back in the 80s, IIRC, for many years listed #1 as the first app.

Hahah ya the passive - aggressive technique. Nope Dan you won't see me in the bidders circle. Jeff Li's copy will be mine one of these days, either through a monetary exchange or a late night pilfering 27_laughing.gif

Over my dead body!! Although, which copy are you talking about, my 9.0 or the one signed by Stan? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gifpoke2.gif

The PGX one looks pretty soft, even at a 5.5.

As mentioned, Overstreet had Albedo 1 as the first appearance, although I always thought that was one of the intentional listing errors, since Albedo 2 is obviously Usagi's first appearance. Especially since it says so on the cover.

Over my dead body!! Although, which copy are you talking about, my 9.0 or the one signed by Stan? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gifpoke2.gif

As mentioned, Overstreet had Albedo 1 as the first appearance, although I always thought that was one of the intentional listing errors, since Albedo 2 is obviously Usagi's first appearance. Especially since it says so on the cover.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif amended list of things to do.

1. Run over Jeff Li poke2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif amended list of things to do.

1. Run over Jeff Li poke2.gif

893naughty-thumb.gif

Ok someone fill me in. I have never owned a #1 but I do know there is Sakai work (a rabbit?). What is in issue #1?

Thanks.

Dan