• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm approaching 1,632 posts and would like...

129 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I'm set for the foreseeable future.  Thanks though. 

Thats what she said.

9 hours ago, kav said:

I assume the walls will be a lighter shade of grey.

He should ditch the roll up shades and go cellular. No cords, no spool, lift or pull from the bottom and they stay wherever you position it. 48" X  29" will run about $45 each at Home depot, lots of colors available. Last forever, no parts to wear out.

14 hours ago, Bookery said:

Oh... and just so you know (since it appears your comprehension is limited) the post was meant as a satire of the series of "I've reached x-amount of posts and want..." threads, that is all.  But, for the sake or argument, let's say I was announcing I was taking a break from posting (maybe I feel I'm not adding anything worthwhile at this time OR maybe I've got a project coming up and don't want to be tempted to post for awhile OR maybe I'm changing my posting name and starting from scratch).  AND... I did not say I wouldn't still read the boards, or maybe post "likes", etc.  There was no inference to a total drama exit (when the time comes to leave I'll just leave... I won't announce it).  I made no disparaging comments about the boards or anybody, or suggested anything other than I would refrain from posting (and THAT was a joke in the spirit of simple silliness).  Yet despite all of these benign possibilities, you decide to hit a total stranger (I don't recall seeing your name before) with a big ol' GTFO.  Nice.

Just so you know, since it appears that your comprehension is in line with that of Brick Tamland, I was the first one to post a satire of the "I'm about to reach XXXX posts..." threads.

How you inferred my comment as serious is beyond all logical understanding. Way to make yourself look like a tool after your first reply.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Some people, amirite? What a dunce.

"The average person encounters the European starling as an annoyance in the garden. Known as one of a number of "bully birds," these birds have a habit of descending on bird feeders and clearing them out, while scaring away songbirds and other desirable animals in the process." -- sciencing.com, re sternus vulgarus.

6 minutes ago, Bookery said:

"The average person encounters the European starling as an annoyance in the garden. Known as one of a number of "bully birds," these birds have a habit of descending on bird feeders and clearing them out, while scaring away songbirds and other desirable animals in the process." -- sciencing.com, re sternus vulgarus.

" "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." - Wayne Gretzky
- Michael Scott"

12 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

Can it detect pressing? hm

(covers head,runs away laughing lol )

Yes.  The machine was 100% accurate in detecting pressing.  It was also 100% accurate in discerning all grades up until 9.6.  Therein lay the rub.   It would glitch on 9.6s vs. 9.8s.  A 9.6 would come out a 9.8.  Put the 9.8 back in the machine, and it would come back a 9.6 again.  And vice-versa.  I spent years trying to fix this problem, but to no avail.  So I gutted the machine and used the heavier parts to press my own comics in the shop.  And now there was no machine left that could detect it and I was free to dump thousands of undisclosed pressings onto the market.  The machine I'd worked so hard to perfect failed, and in failing, made me the ultra-rich person I am today.  Ironic, really.

6 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Does the slatted door lead anywhere, or is it just propped up against the wall, the door to nowhere?

It's off the track so it would make it easier to paint.  It is one of two closets. 

He should ditch the roll up shades and go cellular. No cords, no spool, lift or pull from the bottom and they stay wherever you position it. 48" X  29" will run about $45 each at Home depot, lots of colors available. Last forever, no parts to wear out.

I will figure that out down the road.  The windows are too narrow for what I have seen... Most likely going to be a custom job as the measurements of the three front facing bedroom have interior widths of about 14.5", 33" and 14.5".  The lengths are about 57" IIRC. 

These blinds are awesome, inexpensive, easy to use, and easy to install.  Since our furnace fire 2 1/2 years ago, I've had six of them custom cut, and installed them myself.

I was worried about the one over the kitchen sink, what with splatters and stuff, and how it would wear.  As it turns out, just fine, as I usually do the sink work during the day, when the shade is up.  Honestly, they are so cheap, I could see replacing that one every five years if I needed to do that.

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I will figure that out down the road.  The windows are too narrow for what I have seen... Most likely going to be a custom job as the measurements of the three front facing bedroom have interior widths of about 14.5", 33" and 14.5".  The lengths are about 57" IIRC. 

They are worth a shot, as Home Depot custom cuts them for free.  You can order them online or in the store.

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

They are worth a shot, as Home Depot custom cuts them for free.  You can order them online or in the store.

Didn't know that.  I will look into that then.   Thanks !

9 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm gonna report you if you ever take one of my posts seriously ever again.

Fair warning.

How do you know I took you seriously?  (Besides you changed your name on me, which is cheating btw).  But... maybe I was satirizing your satire?  How do you know?  Huh? Huh?  I mean, you can suspect and all.  You may think you know.  But you can't really know.  Maybe I don't know... maybe it was satire by fate.  Can we ever really know?  Any of us?  Really really deep in the heart of our souls really truly say we know for sure?  Yeah.  Didn't think so. Or... maybe I do think so.  I don't know...

Just now, Bookery said:

How do you know I took you seriously?  (Besides you changed your name on me, which is cheating btw).  But... maybe I was satirizing your satire?  How do you know?  Huh? Huh?  I mean, you can suspect and all.  You may think you know.  But you can't really know.  Maybe I don't know... maybe it was satire by fate.  Can we ever really know?  Any of us?  Really really deep in the heart of our souls really truly say we know for sure?  Yeah.  Didn't think so. Or... maybe I do think so.  I don't know...

If you're not cheating, you're not trying.