• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RARE 1930s GOLDEN AGE INSERT COLLECTION THE CLOCK CAPT JIM BORDER WARS & 3 BROTHERS EISNER & BRENNER CLASSIC * PICS FIXED**
2 2

12 posts in this topic

General Rules

•   No PL/HOS members

Payment

•  I'll take PayPal for total sales under $1000 if PayPal is your preferred method. Personal checks, or USPS money orders for total sales $1000 or higher.

•     I'll expect payment within 5 calendar days of invoice, or the book will be available for sale again (unless we've made other payment arrangements)

Shipping Terms

• USA: $10 for raw and $18 for graded in any quantity. I ship USPS priority with signature required. I pack in Gemini boxes in a USPS legal flat rate envelope for raw books and a Med flat rate box for slabs. Please note the shipping prices are slightly higher than they used to be. It is costing a little more these days. 

•  Canada: $15 for raw and $25 for graded in any quantity. Overseas- Shipping at cost. I only ship overseas to established board members with references.

• I now only ship one time a week so please be patient as it could take up to 10 days to ship your purchase. 

Returns/Refunds

• General Policy: I will accept returns on raw books within 30 days of your receipt of the books, as long as the books are returned to me as they were when you received them. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below you will find a collection of very hard to find complete 1930s news paper inserts featuring some very early work by historic Golden Age artists & characters.

These almost never come up  complete & in this condition, there is very little info on most of these.

Because of there obscurity & the fraagile nature of any newpaper insert that is almost 90 yrs old I was not able to find any recorded sales, these are true comic history.

Full Disclosure I got these on evil bay at a steal because the seller really didn't know how to list them or what they had. 

My intent was to grade them but I am after another book and decided to see what the market would bring when listed in a forum that knows what they are looking at.

This is one you will not see again for a long time! Golden Age 1937 Lake Charles American Press complete 8 Paper Insert

Featuring The classic early Golden Age Character The Clock created in 1936 & featuring art by cartoonist George Brenner.

According to Overstreet the Clock was the first masked hero to appear in an American Comic Book and is widley considered to be the “missing link” between pulp and comic-book heroes.

This  a true historic RARE golden age insert that is never found in this condition. $999

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Back Cover..

s-l1600.jpg

Another RARE 8 pg 1930s Golden Age Gem that is almost  NEVER seen for sale.................................................

Captain Jim & the Chinese Pirates art by Raymond Albert Burley $399

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The Three Brothers Golden Age 8 page newspaper insert featuring very early 1937 art & story by William Eisner ! Stunning Eisner story and art! $499

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

The Border Wars 8 pg newspaper Insert By E McD. Moore JR Mid 1930s  Featuring Tom Campbell the "Yank Soldier of Fortune" Featured in Funny Picture Stories #1 .Super RARE! Try and find this in this condition. $499

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Frank Mozz

Love the Clock supplement....Never seen one and it is the first appearance of the Clock reprinted from Funny Picture Stories 1#1 (1936) as I checked on the Digital Comic Museum site accordingly....... (thumbsu