• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"From Own Personal Collection" who cares?
1 1

134 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Blastaar said:

I see the term used "From own personal collection" sometimes on ebay when slabbed comics are listed. Does anyone care if it's a 9.6 from a personal collection or a 9.6 they purchased from someone else?

91sn32Q.jpg.e9fcc075fc542e680674b532f6594471.jpg

Yes.

Wait.

No.

7 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
10 hours ago, lizards2 said:

RMA could out do you in 5 minutes. meh

And here I thought you loved me. :cry:

I do. :cry: 

As to the OP question I agree with @Buzzetta and the other board member when someone says its from their personal collection I have a tiny amount of hope and confidence that the book was well taken care of and hope that there is less of a chance there will be restoration. But I also like the back story. As for eBay though it tough as many pointed out 99.99% of stuff on there is from "my personal collection" it's just another marketing tactic. I trust the board members here specially ones that are more established or had pervious posts about finds from retired person etc.. So in some cases I can see where caring about if a comic came from a personal collection having some meaning or weight but on eBay I will take that note with a grain of salt. 

19 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

As to the OP question I agree with @Buzzetta and the other board member when someone says its from their personal collection I have a tiny amount of hope and confidence that the book was well taken care of and hope that there is less of a chance there will be restoration. But I also like the back story. As for eBay though it tough as many pointed out 99.99% of stuff on there is from "my personal collection" it's just another marketing tactic. I trust the board members here specially ones that are more established or had pervious posts about finds from retired person etc.. So in some cases I can see where caring about if a comic came from a personal collection having some meaning or weight but on eBay I will take that note with a grain of salt. 

You fool!

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You fool!

lol I said tiny amount! Got to have a little hope for humanity... :wishluck:

13 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

"I was designed to save the world...
People would look to the sky and see... Hope...
I'll take that from them first..." 

lol are you the matrix???? oh no! Damn AI trying to save humanity by destroying it. 

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Ultron...

I know its Ultron was trying to be funny with the Matrix thingy

I bought this Romita Jr Spider-man page for $200 off a 0 Feedback Buyer a few years ago on eBay... It was at auction for a starting bid of $200 and I was the only bidder with a lot of people watching.  Another board member by chance said he was watching it and saw that it sold but didn't want to pull the trigger because it was a 0 feedback buyer.  I was the one that bought it as I love a good panel page that tells the story on that single page. I met the seller at a Starbucks in NYC to pick it up.   The board member for awhile was asking me to sell it to them but that's not happening.  I don't care about discussing what I paid since it is framed and hanging up and not going anywhere.

I have done extremely well on eBay as a buyer due to other people's paranoia and hesitation in buying on eBay

Fk2cyYyI_1710142201221.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

7 hours ago, Krishosein said:

I have made thousands of posts, but this particular one is from my personal collection.

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I bought this Romita Jr Spider-man page for $200 off a 0 Feedback Buyer a few years ago on eBay... It was at auction for a starting bid of $200 and I was the only bidder with a lot of people watching.  Another board member by chance said he was watching it and saw that it sold but didn't want to pull the trigger because it was a 0 feedback buyer.  I was the one that bought it as I love a good panel page that tells the story on that single page. I met the seller at a Starbucks in NYC to pick it up.   The board member for awhile was asking me to sell it to them but that's not happening.  I don't care about discussing what I paid since it is framed and hanging up and not going anywhere.

I have done extremely well on eBay as a buyer due to other people's paranoia and hesitation in buying on eBay

Fk2cyYyI_1710142201221.jpg

JR JR cannot draw children.  Few can.

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I love this piece and you will not take that away from me.  It looks great to me. 

I love it too and am not trying to make you not love it.  Just as an artist the kid thing is a peeve of mine-I can teach any artist how to draw children in about 3 minutes.  There's really only one thing you have to do to make it not look like an adult midget.

I mean its not that bad-Sal Buscema-now he drew the worst children.  Midget city.

11 minutes ago, kav said:

I mean its not that bad-Sal Buscema-now he drew the worst children.  Midget city.

Kids with gaping spitty mouths? Quite accurate really. 

21 minutes ago, kav said:

I love it too and am not trying to make you not love it.  Just as an artist the kid thing is a peeve of mine-I can teach any artist how to draw children in about 3 minutes.  There's really only one thing you have to do to make it not look like an adult midget.

"Little Person" 

heh heh