• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I've noticed a lot of bid retractions lately...
1 1

56 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

And why Ebay doesnt have more security protocols in place?

And is their penalties for bid retraction, i.e like it going on your Ebay feedback file.?

Like what...? There's literally nothing eBay can do.

And, no, their shouldn't be. That would only increase the problem. I have had to retract bids before. Bidders shouldn't be penalized for this.

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Like what...? There's literally nothing eBay can do.

And, no, their shouldn't be. That would only increase the problem. I have had to retract bids before. Bidders shouldn't be penalized for this.

Why did you retract a bid?

Why would I bid on something I didnt have every intention of paying instantaneously if I won,without question?

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

Why did you retract a bid?

Why would I bid on something I didnt have every intention of paying instantaneously if I won,without question?

It's none of your business.

Stuff happens. Punishing bid retraction would only increase the problem of non-paying bidders.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's none of your business.

Stuff happens. Punishing bid retraction would only increase the problem of non-paying bidders.

I always have the money to pay for something I bid on, and a nice cash reserve for emergencies.

Personally,I dont involve myself in financial transactions that I cant fulfill.

Just a rule I learned to live by, in an environment where rules are enforced.

Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

I always have the money to pay for something I bid on, and a nice cash reserve for emergencies.

Personally,I dont involve myself in financial transactions that I cant fulfill.

Just a rule I learned to live by, in an environment where rules are enforced.

That doesn't mean anything to the general scope of auctions that are not live.

8 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

That doesn't mean anything to the general scope of auctions that are not live.

Anyone who is familiar with Ebay auctions knows that the only bids that truly have overall influence on the auction are done in the last 5 minutes,unless it's a book that very few have interest in, so serious bidders should have no guilt in their bids.

When it comes to financial transactions, whether or not its auctions or buy now,  should be conducted with the utmost integrity on behalf of both parties.

An example,

I sold an Edge of Spiderverse for $525 CDN at well below market value IMO, but I fulfilled the deal, because I said I would.

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Anyone who is familiar with Ebay auctions knows that the only bids that truly have overall influence on the auction are done in the last 5 minutes,unless it's a book that very few have interest in, so serious bidders should have no guilt in their bids.

When it comes to financial transactions, whether or not its auctions or buy now,  should be conducted with the utmost integrity on behalf of both parties.

An example,

I sold an Edge of Spiderverse for $525 CDN at well below market value IMO, but I fulfilled the deal, because I said I would.

That's literally counter-intuitive and incorrect.

Bid retractions have nothing to do with a "lack of integrity".

Your final sentence has nothing to do with this subject.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

That's literally counter-intuitive and incorrect.

Bid retractions have nothing to do with a "lack of integrity".

Your final sentence has nothing to do with this subject.

Was going to respond

But my GF just texted me and it completely disarmed my anger

So for you

^^

6 minutes ago, Cman429 said:

I’ve been having the opposite problem. I’ve been lead bid for 3 comics in the past month and just as it neared the last day, the seller ended the auction! It really blows that eBay allows this. I’m almost ready to start looking other places, maybe even post here, bc EBay is just full of too many goofs.

It's probably easier just too buy rather than bid on ebay due to this.

You may pay a little more,but at least you wont have the stress of the auction.

You only have to deal with the seller,and generally you'll know if your getting the book because they will ship it within a few days 

I think the problem that I was pointing to is that there are an increasingly amount of Shill bidders driving up prices and sometimes retracting the bid if they think they are about to end up with the book. Also in my case I think the overbidder realized that his bid was over GPA as mine was slightly under and I think this was a speculation book and people started to post BIN at lower prices in better condition, etc.. as I saw a book that was similar/slightly better at a lower BIN price and it was gone a few mins before I for the bid retraction notice. 

I guess there is nothing you can do in these situations they happen I guess one of the ups and downs of being a seller.

1 hour ago, Krishosein said:

I think the problem that I was pointing to is that there are an increasingly amount of Shill bidders driving up prices and sometimes retracting the bid if they think they are about to end up with the book. Also in my case I think the overbidder realized that his bid was over GPA as mine was slightly under and I think this was a speculation book and people started to post BIN at lower prices in better condition, etc.. as I saw a book that was similar/slightly better at a lower BIN price and it was gone a few mins before I for the bid retraction notice. 

I guess there is nothing you can do in these situations they happen I guess one of the ups and downs of being a seller.

In your initial statement, if that was the case,they are the biggest piece of :censored: on the planet, just to drive the price up on a book they have no interest in, unless it is their friends book, which is still slimey but a little more understandable.