• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA auction
2 2

1,042 posts in this topic

On 11/20/2019 at 4:37 AM, ESeffinga said:

There's been so much recession talk the last few months, and the holidays looming large,
only the final results will reveal if this might be impacting people's decisions on how they feel about spending big bucks right now.

The rest could be everyone else playing wait and see what the other guy does. Everyone hoping against hope no one else is looking at what they want.

Yes. But there are some incredible pieces that should be bucking the trend in this auction.

4 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Do you get a commission on these? If not, perhaps you should bid on them and try to flip ‘em

No, on the other side I don't think the Marvel 1 is worth 975Kplus which bid, I value it about 777K, I don't think the Frtiz thunda page is worth 30K with BP either...I know of a private sale of a 8 page Feldstein story earlier this year that broke his previous records based upon that, the current price and my value of it are conservative to say the least.

Edited by Mmehdy

7 hours ago, zhamlau said:

My lots are watcher heavy bid poor still, but again there is time.

Yeah, my consignments still need to rise more than 80% just for me to break even! :eek:  And, with the exception of the Tank Girl piece, all the other pieces were purchased between 2003 and 2011 (i.e., at what I would consider to be good prices by today's standards), so, I would consider just breaking even to be a disappointment. I would consider breaking even to be the absolute minimum acceptable outcome. 

That said, I see A LOT of things in this auction that are ~50% or less of where I would peg FMV.  I'm just going to assume for now that everything will normalize by the time those gavels hammer down over the next few days. :wishluck:  

13 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Yeah, my consignments still need to rise more than 80% just for me to break even! :eek:  And, with the exception of the Tank Girl piece, all the other pieces were purchased between 2003 and 2011 (i.e., at what I would consider to be good prices by today's standards), so, I would consider just breaking even to be a disappointment. I would consider breaking even to be the absolute minimum acceptable outcome. 

That said, I see A LOT of things in this auction that are ~50% or less of where I would peg FMV.  I'm just going to assume for now that everything will normalize by the time those gavels hammer down over the next few days. :wishluck:  

Whatever Gene paid...cash read @ 10% of that...bring it on!

Just wanted to offer my services again before the auction...

1. For a 2% fee, I will completely justify any and all reasons you have for bidding on a particular piece. I will make you feel confident, secure, and powerful in your choices.
  2. For a 5% fee, I will point out all of the reasons you should NOT bid on a lot, thereby saving you wheelbarrows of cash and lifting an existential weight.
  3. For a 10% fee, I will authenticate any lot. Comes with a a free certificate and will absolutely hold up in court when the heirs come for you.
  4. For a 35% fee, I will auction your art myself.

PM me!

pexels-photo-1036622.jpeg?auto=compress&

Edited by BCarter27

55 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

That tank Girl piece is great. 

Edited by PhilipB2k17

56 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Yeah. Its cray

This is just a random post to try to get to page 32 of this thread so that I don’t have to keep super scrolling because of that 🤬 c.v. Voudou superfluously posted. Why you gotta troll us like that man?

56 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

Just wanted to offer my services again before the auction...

1. For a 2% fee, I will completely justify any and all reasons you have for bidding on a particular piece. I will make you feel confident, secure, and powerful in your choices.
  2. For a 5% fee, I will point out all of the reasons you should NOT bid on a lot, thereby saving you wheelbarrows of cash and lifting an existential weight.
  3. For a 10% fee, I will authenticate any lot. Comes with a a free certificate and will absolutely hold up in court when the heirs come for you.
  4. For a 35% fee, I will auction your art myself.

PM me!

pexels-photo-1036622.jpeg?auto=compress&

For authenticate, I think you mean “chain of title”.

Just now, Brian Peck said:

Batman #251  $600K with juice???????

Higher than I expected, I thought it would be $400K-500K

I wanna say Gene went $600,000 and I went $600,001 (or joked about it at least)..... lol 

2 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I wanna say Gene went $600,000 and I went $600,001 (or joked about it at least)..... lol 

lol

I was at $660K with a range of $504K to $720K.  Thought that HA would have gotten it above the Hulk #180 and ASM #328 but it fell just short.  Wonder if it was guaranteed at $500K hammer. hm 

Just now, delekkerste said:

lol

I was at $660K with a range of $504K to $720K.  Thought that HA would have gotten it above the Hulk #180 and ASM #328 but it fell just short.  Wonder if it was guaranteed at $500K hammer. hm 

From watching the bidding there were Book, In Person, and Phone bids all driving the live bidding including a cut or two in there. 

Pretty healthy. 

4 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

From watching the bidding there were Book, In Person, and Phone bids all driving the live bidding including a cut or two in there. 

Pretty healthy. 

I have no doubt that, whether it was guaranteed or not, there would be real interest not far from that level. 

But, if there was an implicit or explicit guarantee, I'm sure you'd still see "activity" getting it up to that level, so, such activity wouldn't necessarily preclude the existence of a guarantee (either for this or any other lot that might carry one).

Just now, delekkerste said:

I have no doubt that, whether it was guaranteed or not, there would be real interest not far from that level. 

But, if there was an implicit or explicit guarantee, I'm sure you'd still see "activity" getting it up to that level, so, such activity wouldn't necessarily preclude the existence of a guarantee (either for this or any other lot that might carry one).

Agreed. I just think the activity and the guarantee could exist independently of each other on a lot like this. It's certainly more organic feeling than the one and done bid lots.