• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

November HA auction
2 2

1,042 posts in this topic

Just now, comix4fun said:

Crumb is the bloodsport lot of the auction so far........and well deserved. Landmark Crumb piece. 

Goodness the Crumb is still running live.....must be like 100 live bids so far. 

5 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

Crumb is the bloodsport lot of the auction so far........and well deserved. Landmark Crumb piece. 

Go Crumb go!  that was fun to watch!

Just now, Bronty said:

Go Crumb go!  that was fun to watch!

Wild, I don't think I've ever seen that many live Heritage bids above $100k ever. 

Just now, BCarter27 said:

Spec Spidey 101 cov at $90K! Copper age is strong with this one.

And since Sal Buscema did a bunch of Spectacular Spider-man covers too, and the cult of Sal is now firmly established, I expect all of those covers to go for $90k and up now too. 

Or.

Not.

1 minute ago, BCarter27 said:

Spec Spidey 101 cov at $90K! Copper age is strong with this one.

Everybody I'm talking to online thinks that's the WTF moment of the auction. 

"A joke" said a BSD that has Byrne covers that would blow this one out of the water

"Insane" said another collector

"STOP IT STOP IT MAKE IT STOP...What a :censored: joke." - me an, uh, unidentified collector 

1 minute ago, delekkerste said:

"A joke" said a BSD that has Byrne covers that would blow this one out of the water

"STOP IT STOP IT MAKE IT STOP...What a :censored: joke." - me an, uh, unidentified collector 

Copper Age... It's what's for dinner. ®

In it's defense, it's more about black costume Spidey than Byrne, imo. That highly-graphic silhouette has a lot of wall appeal and is very exemplary of the era.

5 minutes ago, BCarter27 said:

Copper Age... It's what's for dinner. ®

In it's defense, it's more about black costume Spidey than Byrne, imo. That highly-graphic silhouette has a lot of wall appeal and is very exemplary of the era.

agreed... I don't think the cover is really about Byrne.   Its a cover that's well regarded in its published format.    I don't think it is a comment on byrne prices at all - good, bad, or indifferent

1 minute ago, exitmusicblue said:

Very pleasing to the eye, that Spec Spidey cover.  Had no idea Byrne drew Copper Spidey covers... his involvement def inserts some chaos into the price.

he did some marvel team up spidey covers if I recall as well

10 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

Based on what I'm seeing so far today, your consignments are looking golden Gene!  

1 minute ago, zhamlau said:

Now that im over my rage at that Perlin2.0 selling well above ARTSOC approved prices....

Do we really thing Bob Kane worked on the Batman 122 pages?

We get it, you like Sal.   Most of the rest of us are indifferent.   It just is what it is.    That doesn't make him a hack, but I can't manufacture enthusiasm